Ecler Mixers - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ecler Mixers

Tech Wizard

well what i think i might do is just sit on it for a couple more months, put some more money away if i can and keep my eye out for a ttm56.

id rather buy new than used, but ill see whats out there.
    if i cant manage to save anymore, i will go with the xone 22, as i am a huge A&H fanboy.
    thanks for all the input guys.

Tech Wizard

so i take it you found a mixer for your gig for sat night?

Quote Originally Posted by ctg23 View Post
    with the xone, how due you cue your headphones per channel. one the 32 there was a buttion above each channel you push to listen in, but i cant see that on the pictures ive looked at
    There is a knob for that, not a button.

So you turn it to the left for FULL left Cue Volume. As you turn it to the right, you start hearing both etc.
    Pushing the RED button....will allow you to hear the Master Out in the cans.

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DannyAK View Post
    so i take it you found a mixer for your gig for sat night?
    i take it thats not aimed at me??

i have no gig on saturday

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    There is a knob for that, not a button.

So you turn it to the left for FULL left Cue Volume. As you turn it to the right, you start hearing both etc.
    Pushing the RED button....will allow you to hear the Master Out in the cans.

Why do A&H need to make this simple thing different on every one of their goddamn mixers!? Also, whoever put the gain knobs on the back of the xone 32 should never have been let near it.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

I certainly don't hate A&H, I just don't think some of their newer mixers deserve the same reverence as their older ones. The 62 and 92 are awesome mixers with quirks instead of flaws. The s6 and v6 were amazing updates of classic rotaries. The 464 was perfect for what it was supposed to be. And apart from the stupid gain knobs, the 32 was awesome at what it did.

The 22 has build problems related to being a budget piece of electronics built in china. It does not live up to a&h's legacy of reliability. The 42 is ugly as sin and dropped a&h's most awesome feature (the 4-band eq) in favor of…nothing. And the db2/4 eschew decades of dj mixer standards in favor of a matrix input that Vestax and Denon both did better ~10 years ago.

I think they're off their game.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Why do A&H need to make this simple thing different on every one of their goddamn mixers!? Also, whoever put the gain knobs on the back of the xone 32 should never have been let near it.
    AHAHAHA...agreed!

Did not like A&H the first time I used one of their mixers!

Took me a while...
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ctg23 View Post
    i take it thats not aimed at me??

i have no gig on saturday
    haha sorry, thinking of a different post

Quote Originally Posted by DannyAK View Post
    haha sorry, thinking of a different post
    Haha, that's my post, and I ended up just going with my VCI-400 as my mixer.
    http://soundcloud.com/kamcoolidge

VCI-400 EGE - Macbook Pro 13" - Traktor Pro 2 - Lots of Lights

Ecler mixers are the absolute shit. I don't know anyone who's used them and isn't a fan. I find it very hard to believe that dude when he says they break easily and the support is poor- they are built like tanks and when there was that issue with the crossfader on the first Nuo 2.0s they seemed very proactive about getting them fixed.

I adore my Nuo 2.0 and I dream of Ecler bringing out a Evo 4.0 which would be the Evo 4 with improved effects, an internal usb 8x8 soundcards set up for DVS use (hell make it certified for you traktor people) and for it to rapidly be adopted as the industry standard. :P
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast