Ecler Mixers - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Ecler Mixers

Quote Originally Posted by oneapemob View Post
    I personally use the 3rd channel on my nuo 2.0 as the return channel for the fx, this way i can use it as a volume knob (plus eq the fx return).
    This is totally the way to go about it
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    This is totally the way to go about it
    What FX unit are you routing it through? Am still debating how I want to do this on mine, so welcome to ideas...
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

I either use traktor scratch pro 2, with effect bank 4 set as a delay (to get some post fader delayed scratch goodness), or i use the free guitar rig.
    I only use sparse fx, and when using traktor's fx i usually have a beatmasher and a delay only (for each deck, so that uses all 4 fx slots).
    macbook pro, technics trntbl, numark pro sm-1, vestax pmc 08 pro, traktor scratch pro 2, akai mpd 24, novation nocturn, vci-100 fw1.4, krk rp5g2 and FBV express mk2

Quote Originally Posted by Gryz View Post
    What FX unit are you routing it through? Am still debating how I want to do this on mine, so welcome to ideas...
    I'm not currently using any. I'm waiting and hoping for a KP4 to get released at some point :P
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Quote Originally Posted by oranJe View Post
    Since people seem to wonder on the quality of the mixers, Ecler is one of the three (A&H, Rane) top sounding/quality brands in the industry. Many people including myself love their philosophy, based on top materials, ergonomics and simplicity. Their EQs are special, not only in size. Indeed, the low cutoff is very close to the A&H's 92 4-band low EQ, which is low, as it should imho. The high cutoff is even more interesting. Those EQs have +10 boost, and you can boost the highs to brighten sources such as old recordings or poor ones, almost without affecting the gain. I have not seen this on any other mixers. All this leaves a lot to the mid, which can be used creatively as well. These EQs are very 'musical'.
    +1 - I adore the Ecler EQs. The Evo 5 let you adjust the cutoffs but I mostly left it on the defaults The signature is similar to Rane - the low cutoff is somewhere around 300 Hz, not superlow like Pioneer (which is under 100) and the high around 5-6k (again Pioneers are superhigh compared to this); and of course those fat knobs are really nice to adjust. Everything felt and sounded so smooth on that mixer.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Tech Wizard

Are you sure Pio cutoffs are that low and high, respectively? I don't remember their mid EQs being that wide.

Thanks for the info oneapemob. Yeah what I meant was that if you intalled an eternal fader, they would do the mod for free, but in any other case it was something like 80-100 euros, or more. I imagined I couldn't do it on my own, I was just looking to see if anyone had it done and how much was the cost.

Actually, the 4.0 has an even extra knob, for 'fx send'. I remember Gizmo's review where he talked about 'a ridiculous amount of control over the fx loop', haha. I have used the fx return knob for a 4th channel, be it without channel led and EQs. For the 2.0, that 3rd channel is so useful, shame they didn't include it in the others.

According to this the DJM 800 EQs are at 70Hz and 13kHz for low and high: http://www.djresource.eu/Topics/stor...oneer-DJM-800/

This is really different from any mixer I've owned and is probably the main reason I don't really like Pioneer mixers. (They also felt crappy to me but they fixed that with the 900 in my opinion).
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456