Dubstep mix

Thread: Dubstep mix

Banned

Default Dubstep mix

Played around with some dubstep, enjoy!

No tracklist? 12 mins long, and a Cover that makes me think its goa? You have a few different alias on soundcloud also?

"Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

Banned

Yeah those are the only images saved on my compeer are goa, so i just keep picking Goa for album cover.

Yeah i don't have any income coming in, so i can't purchase the "premium" account.

I only get 2 hours per account, so i have 3 different accounts. All my time is maxed out lol.

Tired of deleting mixes and making room, but thats the only way to make room for new mixes. I just keep practicing, like almost every day i try out new genres, new tracks.

lol'd at the picture though, good one!
    A+

My advice would be to just enjoy playing and experimenting with your mixing. forget about posting mixes to soundcloud for the short while.

Listen to as many mixes as you can and try and pick where they are mixing from and their techniques. pick 12 tracks you love and try and mix them as many ways as possible. once you are sick of those tracks, find 12 or so more, rinse and repeat. their are no rules, just wing it and have fun. record everything you do and listen back often. you will hear where you can tighten up your mixes and what sounds good.

Remember everyone has a different taste in music, and this early in your hobby you should be mixing what you enjoy. Keep it simple. forget about accapellas, effects and loops for now. Just stick to simple a-b mixing, working on your eq'ing and transitioning. ultimately when you listen back to your mixes, ask yourself, does this sound good? it doesn't take a DJ to know what a shit mix sounds like in a year or two this will all be just a natural flow, and the more you listen and mix music the more you will pick up the structure of different genres and find new and exiting things to en-corporate in your mixes.
    Last edited by Zaniac; 05-03-2012 at 10:57 PM.
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

Banned

Yeah I'm having fun in my bedroom. Just me and the laptop going nuts.

Ive been reading a lot of techniques and watching videos, its a great hobby to kill time.

I haven't went to bed yet, been awake all night mixing my favorite tracks like you said. Finding the breakdowns, and good mixing spots, i mainly enjoy trance, goa / psychedelic / progressive / melodic / acid.

I thought id try dubstep since a lot of the newer generation jams out to it.

Never hurts to try something new.

Banned

I know you said take a break from sound cloud, but I've been trying to focus on finding the right mixing spots, the breakdowns and the outro's/intro's.

Let me hear your thoughts. They do matter to me, i was practicing finding the breakdowns and transitioning from one track to another, i think this mix was one of the best i put together, using what i learned from djtt. I picked some old school trance tracks that i enjoy and i hope you can give it a listen. Thanks for the help.