VCI-400 Ground?

Thread: VCI-400 Ground?

Tech Convert

Lightbulb VCI-400 Ground?

My VCI-400 came with a ground cable. However I could not find what do to/where to install it on the device.
    Any ideas? Did your VCI-400's come with them? My VCI-400 is not the EGE, although I don't see how this would make a difference if it was.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Thats for these things called turntables. See before there where computers u put these magical plastic disks called records on the turntable and music came out crazy right? That cord is for the standalone mixer function the vci 400 has. So you can plug in you turntable in the phono input and use channels three and four for external inputs

Tech Convert

There's a nickle plating screw located nearby the USB input jack...loosen it and attach the grounding cable's terminal with it and touch the other end with any grounding.

Use it when you feel your VCI-400 has grounding issue but most of the time it is not necessary...

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyrsemaan View Post
    Thats for these things called turntables. See before there where computers u put these magical plastic disks called records on the turntable and music came out crazy right? That cord is for the standalone mixer function the vci 400 has. So you can plug in you turntable in the phono input and use channels three and four for external inputs
    lawl...but yea, for turntables, assuming we get a Firmware upgrade anytime soon...
    http://soundcloud.com/kamcoolidge

VCI-400 EGE - Macbook Pro 13" - Traktor Pro 2 - Lots of Lights

Tech Convert

Okay. Cool story bro. I didn't know this was /b/

I don't believe the firmware update will enable phono preamps... So I don't think you can directly plug in turnrtables...

Tech Student

What a douche ass response. a simple "Those are incase you are using Turntables" Would have sufficed.......
    Last edited by WetWork; 05-09-2012 at 03:54 PM. Reason: quoted

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by WetWork View Post
    What a douche ass response. a simple "Those are incase you are using Turntables" Would have sufficed.......
    Thank you. My thoughts exactly.

Tech Convert

those of use using european power supplies with our pc laptops suffer from something known as a ground loop (dunno what causes it, but it doesn't happen if your running on batteries) this makes a hum that is usually only noticable if you play at less than 0db or if you stop the music. this wire is used to isolate your vci-400 and help to eliminate this

I just use an ground loop isolator, they cost maybe a tenner and work perfectly