Shure 215 IEM or Sony MDR ZX-700 Headphones? (just started djing)
    Tech Wizard

Default Shure 215 IEM or Sony MDR ZX-700 Headphones? (just started djing)

I wanna get something to PFL but not sure wether to use IEM or Headphones better? Initially, my choice for IEM is the Shure 215, and the Headphones as HDJ-2000 but it was over my budget so I came down to the Sony ZX-700. Anyone can recommend which one? Or maybe is it worth it to wait for the HDJ-1500?
    *Inactive Account*

Tech Wizard

i dont know a lot about iems, but im pretty sure is for listening to the master output ( what everyones listening to ) and not pre fade listening, the main advantages being better sound and safer for your ears coz they have incredible isolation and this means u can listen at a low volume, i bought the hdj-2000's and would say maybe its worth saving up for them, i justified the high price by the fact ill probably use these for years and id rather not have bought the cheaper pair and regretted it for such a long time, needless to say so far no regrets! ( i will say the top of my left ear rubs against the inside after prolonged use, can only assume this is due to the cable making it slightly heavier and therefore pushs it in a bit more , hope will get used to it though )

I use HDJ-500W and its really awesome.I was looking for headphones as well but some friends here recommended me that ı go with it.It gives you more than you need.I like that.You wont be dissapointed.
    Macbook Pro-Mixmeister Fusion-Traktor Pro 2-Audio 2

Theres only one set to consider here... the pair that YOU think sounds better.

I'd personally only consider IEMs if you were going to mix entirely in your headphones. Otherwise jamming the buds down your ear canal is going to get old fast.
    Last edited by lethal_pizzle; 05-07-2012 at 06:11 PM.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    I'd personally only consider IEMs if you were going to mix entirely in your headphones. Otherwise jamming the buds down your war canal is going to get old fast.
    +1 unless you are going to be using the IEM's soley for live purposes and have a second pair at home, I tried the IEM @ home route for a while and just got tired, uncomfortable and annoyed after a while.

The sony ZX's look very nice and get decent reviews and apparently sound really good and I would honestly get a pair, in fact the ONLY thing that is making me stick with my trusty MDR-V6's is .......They fold up (and I'm nostalgic :P ), so if thats not a deal breaker for you they would be a worthy investment (IMHO).

Of course if you need them to fold, MDR-V6's are the best headphone under $100 and tried and trusted in studios since the 80's.