Behringer CMD Series - Page 2
Page 2 of 218 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

re the images on the Behringer site renders/prototypes or the actual production units?
    Those are renders of the hand made samples we built for NAMM and Messe. The ID is changing quite a bit, and I know you guys will like the improvements.

I'm really quite interested as well for these. Currently using Dicers and an MPKmini (basically an LPD8) with Serato, but I think I can transfer everything that I'm doing with that pretty much into the CMD DC-1. And it's a sexy controller so far, and really looking forward to the release.

BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Anyone mapped led rings in Traktor before - never done it - is it the same as a single led or do you split the midi range across the 15 little leds in the ring?
    SC | MC

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    Anyone mapped led rings in Traktor before - never done it - is it the same as a single led or do you split the midi range across the 15 little leds in the ring?
    Depends on the controller, on the BCR you just assign the same CC value as output on the APC you assign the same CC+9 (or 8) to the output ... there was no need to split the range or anything though just sends a 1-128 message I guess depending on the position.

hopefully there's a tidy lil controller editor package with these too like the BCedit which was handy as hell - if a pain in the ass to get working LOL.

@nemonic .. is there any scripts being written for the LC-1 that will be released with it e.g. red box APC style navigation, allowance for dual controller function, like 8 channel grid if 2 are connected ?

Also is there a blink state on all the LED's as well as the 4 colors - understand if you can't say anything on it for now
    Last edited by deevey; 05-09-2012 at 03:06 PM.

Tech Guru

The LED rings are mapped to a CC (the same CC as the encoder they surround). The pattern is 16 steps long. So you set your output message and limit the midi range to the messages in your pattern (like 0-15 for example). Standard stuff.

hopefully there's a tidy lil controller editor package with these too like the BCedit which was handy as hell - if a pain in the ass to get working LOL.
    There will be a configuration utility, but it's not going to be as granular as the BCDs. You WILL NOT be able to freely assign every message the controller sends. You will be able to change MIDI channels, behaviors (like changing an encoder from relative to absolute), and other overall functions. But you won't be able to (for instance) change button X to send note Y instead of note X. This was a conscious decision and not the result of some hardware limitation or oversight (which is why I'm bringing it up now).

is there any scripts being written for the LC-1 that will be released with it e.g. red box APC style navigation, allowance for dual controller function, like 8 channel grid if 2 are connected ?
    That would be neat, wouldn't it?

Also is there a blink state on all the LED's as well as the 4 colors - understand if you can't say anything on it for now
    All LEDs that have an indicator color also have a blink state. This goes for the multi-color LEDs as well.

Quick question. I'm planning on x4 of the PL-1, DC-1 and LC-1 making 12 in total. Along with a QuNeo they're going to replace all my existing controllers bar the SL MKii. Am I correct in thinking that an MM-1 can have a maximum of 4 other controllers or will they take more? Will I need to buy 3 of them? lol

that's a lot of controllers bro, how are you going to use all of it? If I were you I'd cut everything to the essentials remembering you only have two hands and the cmd line has hardware shifts for 4 decks on anything that needs it...

in answer to your question, yes it only has 4 inputs but if you only need the mm-1 for a usb hub why not just get a large powered usb hub? but according to an article on scratchworx earlier in the year the mm-1 is a powered hub, which is good news if you choose to use that as you wouldn't be drawing unnecessary power from your laptop.

http://www.skratchworx.com/newspage....nts&fn_id=1886
    Last edited by synthet1c; 05-19-2012 at 03:25 AM.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    that's a lot of controllers bro, how are you going to use all of it?
    that's an insane number of controllers! i do have 4 of the djtech cdj101's now and two launchpads that i may use all together - but then i'd only want a mixer - not sure how i could make use of 12 diff controllers all at once...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

It's really not all that much if you think about it. My Ableton template handles everything. 2 decks from Traktor which will become 4 eventually, 8 audio tracks for playing live samples and clips, Kontakt, a looper, another VSTi for keys which currently is Massive which although awesome has an alarmingly sinister habit of trying to get me to make Dubstep. Also got 4 fx racks on send/returns and I'm still building. I really can't be doing with shift functions. I was going to bolt an APC20 onto the 40 to give me 16 channels but then I saw these little beauties. They'll replace the SCS.3 and APC40 as primary controllers. I can ditch a load of code from the Bomes preset and it'll all still be portable enough to stick in gig bags and carry around.

USBs will be an issue though. Luckily phase 3 involves building a rackmount. lol

mixers would actually be pretty good. EQ controls, FX and crossovers are all useful. My mates old mixer had 3 x-faders and kill switches just for the channel EQs. Totally pointless really, but fucking epic nonetheless. I mean, why does my phone have a quad core in it?? oh yeah! Because it can lool