How to run two systems out of traktor?

Default How to run two systems out of traktor?

I have two systems connected to my Mixtrack Pro, output 0/1 for the first one, and 2/3 for the second one.

How can I make both of these output at the same time? As there is only two slots for output master in Traktor.

This has to be possible right, I mean there wouldn't be multiple outputs if you could use them.

Quick fix?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Set your second output pair to record or just leave it as monitor and turn the monitor mix knob to 100%

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by Sn0wday View Post
    I have two systems connected to my Mixtrack Pro, output 0/1 for the first one, and 2/3 for the second one.

How can I make both of these output at the same time? As there is only two slots for output master in Traktor.

This has to be possible right, I mean there wouldn't be multiple outputs if you could use them.

Quick fix?
    Assuming you aren't planning on using headphones you could connect the headphone output to one system, and the master to the second system.

In Traktor just set the headphone cue/mix to output so the master signal comes out of both systems.

But if you want to use headphones to cue you'll need to use something to split the signal instead

something like a headphone amp would work a treat and you won't lose volume (if you try just splitting the RCA it won't work without a severe drop in quality and volume).

OR some amps have both inputs and outputs to allow daisy chaining.
    Last edited by deevey; 05-05-2012 at 05:23 PM.

I guess those work, but one would think there would be a more realistic way of doing this.. Most controllers have more than two outputs, what is the point if there is no way to use both?

Wait, I'm confused on what you're trying to do exactly? And what do you mean by "two systems"?

So I have one sound system, connected to a PA system, then connected to the midi controller with the right and left cables (aux? i should really know the term).

That system is two 12 inch subs and a bar of mids, it's my buddy's system and there like isn't a limiter or something (I don't know) on the subs, so they don't put out a ton of sub bass like they should, it's really odd.

So, I personally have a really small powered sub that came with an entertainment system we got a long time ago, that in a small house party environment really adds a lot of sub bass.

I want to connect both of these. I have the PA system speakers in audio jacks 0 and 1, and then the powered sub ran through 2 and 3. Nowhere in Traktor can I select both of these as master output. It's one or the other, which makes me wonder why the hell is there four outputs if I can only use 2 at a time?! To have to run them through monitor cue is a pretty shoddy solution.

So you're mixing internally I take it. The reason there are more than two out puts is for people who want to mix in external mode.

Are you going to a receiver of any kind?

A receiver? What do you mean? Sorry, I really don't know very much when it comes to this sound as i'm borrowing all of this. The first system is run through a PA system, and the home sub is run through a dvd player (lol).