Traktor 2 settings update? everything's gone.

Default Traktor 2 settings update? everything's gone.

When I opened Traktor this morning, i got a pop-up saying that my settings had been updated to the latest version, and then all of my audio recordings and entire track collection were erased. I've been running Traktor 2 since it first came out last year and have had no problems whatsoever, and did not manually update anything yesterday or today.

It looks like i have a backup version of Traktor 2 from like 6 months ago, and my entire music collection is also in itunes, so there's not too much that's lost forever, but what the heck happened? I did not manually update anything. The last thing i did was record a mix in traktor last night (which is now gone), and everything seemed fine. it recorded, and when i was done i closed traktor and shut off the MBP. Any ideas as to what happened? Many thanks.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

There is a folder called Backup in you Traktor's folder, you will find a bunch of nml files Traktor saves each time it closes. Load any of them.

My money is that your Traktor root folder got set to a different place somehow. Open the preferences window, file management and check that your root folder is set correctly (by default it should be user/documents/native instruments/traktor 2.X.X or it's windows equivalent)

Thanks Padi. In my Traktor 2 folder (the folder i open every time i open traktor) there are only 2 backups, the most recent from like November. The root directory is set to "macintosh HD: Users: jonathandonathocu" and then it gets cut off. when i click on "Default Dir" button it lights up yellow but nothing else happens, so I assume it is set to the default already. When I click on the "...!" button next to the root directory, i get a mac pop up "Choose a Folder" window. When I click on any of the various traktor versions in there (2.0.1 through 2.1.3), and go to backup -> collection, i do see a bunch of nml files (i assume this is what you were directing me to), but they are all grayed out and I can't open them. If you or anyone else has any additional input, it's obviously most appreciated.

If not, Ill keep checking it out myself. Again, i don't think i lost too much that's not already backed up or easily replaceable; my chief concern is keeping it from happening again. Thanks again!