Itch Problems

Thread: Itch Problems

Default Itch Problems

so recently got a twitch, played a 4 hour set last week with no problems at all, then while playing another 4 hour set last night itch kept on freezing for 2-3 seconds every 10 minutes, causing the sound to drop while it froze, so i started to freak out as having this happen in a club is not the best thing.

So i swapped over to CD's for a while rebooted laptop and everything went through usual things (turning of bluetooth wifi and all that). started to use my twitch again and still getting freezes which was bewildering me as it seemed compltley stable last week.

Swapped to CD's again re booted laptop for second time but this time just ran itch with all wifis and shit turned on, and surprisingly it was alot more stable only froze twice in 2 hours after that so was quite bewildered.

so been racking my brains all day trying to figure out whats causing this.

I have an AMD processor.

looks like im buying a mac.

Jay...sorry to tell you but everything on Serato's site speaks against using amd proccessors. I'm guessing that is what the issue is. I'd look into it on their site if I were you.

Best regards,

Andrew

Tech Wizard

Also, you should try increasing your USB buffer (latency) in the settings. It should fix this problem. Set it higher (to the right) to give your computer more headroom and reduce lag spikes.

It's your amd dude. Itch will run great and reliable on even the lowest spec intel machine but take even the highest end amd machine it'll be unreliable shit.

Quote Originally Posted by diezdiazgiant View Post
    It's your amd dude. Itch will run great and reliable on even the lowest spec intel machine but take even the highest end amd machine it'll be unreliable shit.
    I thought that was for the single and dual cores, and that the multis were OK. Oh well...
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

When i bought the laptop i was originally using traktor soo i didnt even look into the amd/intel proccessor just bought the best laptop i could for the money. ive ran through serato's recommondations on computer optimization and the last gig i played i was using a usb hub with 2 external hard drives.

And with further reading external harddrives can cause itch to be more unstable so hopefully it will be better.

i really love the twitch and to a certain extent itch but im getting seriously pissed with the numerous amounts of problems im having