Shure SE215 Sound Isolating Earphones...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Shure SE215 Sound Isolating Earphones...

As the last thread I posted turned into a massive discusion about something I didn't ask I'll keep this short(ish)...

Shure SE215s, what are they like for DJing with?

I've done a search and found this thread with a decent review and currently have about 10 different tabs open doing some research, but I'm looking for some up to date info off people that have some experience with these.

I'm currently using Sony MDR-V700s but I'm interested in adding some IEM to my setup without the price tag of £1,000,000!

Thanks guys

Btw I'll use them with my iPhone too.

I had them as my first set of IEM's and the sound quality was superb. Absolutely blew my mind and left me wondering that if the SE215's were so good, then the SE425's must take you to another planet. For $100 there really is no other IEM better on the market.

Only reason why I don't use them any more: I didn't like the over-the-ear design of the cord. It wraps around your ear and comes down. I gave it a solid 4 months to get used to the design and tried real hard to convince myself otherwise. In the end, it just wasn't my style!

Sound, comfort, isolation, it was all there :-) Definitely highly recommended if you're on a budget and going the IEM route. You can't go wrong with quality dual (or triple) armature drivers! Check out Westone and TripleFi also.

Hope this helped!

Haven't DJed with them (can't really imagine doing it all in the cans), but have them as my normal phones for the way to work and similar. And they definitely are awesome.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Thanks for the info guys. I'll probably pick a set up and see how they go.

I love my 315's, wish I could afford 425 or 535's
    17" MBP:2.66Ghz i7 8Gb| Traktor Pro 2|Live 8 Suite
    Novation Twitch & LaunchPad|M-Audio Oxygen 25
    Presonus FireStudio Mobile|Shure 315's|Yamaha HS50M's
    "“beatmatching” isnt even a fucking skill as far as im concered anyway. so what, you can count to 4. cool. i had that skill down when i was 3."-deadmau5

Has anyone used the Shure IEMs (215/315/425/535/etc.) with a Tragus piercing? Tarekith said they work just fine, but I figured I'd ask one more time before I actually go out and buy them.

The SE425s are rather lovely ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Quote Originally Posted by SherpaPsy View Post
    I love my 315's, wish I could afford 425 or 535's
    Can you compare the 215s with the 315s?

I think the comparison will be a little unfair.

The SE215 uses a dynamic driver (like your normal every day speakers but smaller) vs the SE315 which uses a single balanced armature driver. The difference is that a dynamic driver can move way more air but isn't as fast as a balanced armature.

In layman terms, SE215 is bassier, has more OOMPH and sounds pretty warm whereas the SE315 is more detailed but is simply incapable of producing that OOMPH.

Now as to the DJ experience part, I really like the SE215 because it saves your ears from hearing loss (only if you're responsible with the volume) and sounds pretty darn awesome, except that the bass is a little drowned out by the clubs PA or the huge PA-like monitors. I also use mine with my iPhone and that well.. Damn. Them IEMs sound way good, yo.

Just don't go for the clear version. the cable turns green after about six months of usage.

Looks funny.
    Not funny haha, but funny iiieeeuuuwwww
    Midi Fighter|Kontrol X1|A4DJ|HDJ2000|MBP 13" 2,53Ghz 60GB SSD/500GB HDD

Quote Originally Posted by Audeo View Post
    I think the comparison will be a little unfair.

The SE215 uses a dynamic driver (like your normal every day speakers but smaller) vs the SE315 which uses a single balanced armature driver. The difference is that a dynamic driver can move way more air but isn't as fast as a balanced armature.

In layman terms, SE215 is bassier, has more OOMPH and sounds pretty warm whereas the SE315 is more detailed but is simply incapable of producing that OOMPH.

Now as to the DJ experience part, I really like the SE215 because it saves your ears from hearing loss (only if you're responsible with the volume) and sounds pretty darn awesome, except that the bass is a little drowned out by the clubs PA or the huge PA-like monitors. I also use mine with my iPhone and that well.. Damn. Them IEMs sound way good, yo.

Just don't go for the clear version. the cable turns green after about six months of usage.

Looks funny.
    Not funny haha, but funny iiieeeuuuwwww
    That's really helped me out mate, nice one! I'll look at getting a set of the SE215s in black.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast