Ipad efx app?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ipad efx app?

Default Ipad efx app?

I've been googling around, but i don't really know what i'm looking for, or if the apps i've seen have what i want.

I'm looking for a fx unit app that i can sync to traktor and have more effects, is that even possible, does it exists? Maybe other Dj apps that i can sync to traktor which have more effects i could use over tracks playing on traktor..

The iPad doesn't have the audio ins and outs to work as an FX unit. You could try running Traktor into ableton and using the iPad as an ableton controller, but what's wrong with the Traktor FX?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Nothing wrong with the traktor FX, but i was aiming at getting something Pioneer style, like that filter they have, sounds like a lion roaring when you high pass it, or the white noise effect. I tried routing ableton to Traktor but there's so much stuff to do, i'd have to re-map the s2 on MIDI mode, i'd lose my Volume faders and crossfader and i'd have to control volumes through ableton...

Tech Guru

You dont need to have ableton to achieve what you want...
    Check out this VST host for ipad made by Maurice Norris:
    http://digitaldjtools.net/tools/stompy/

That's brilliant, never heard of it before!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Actually as a Send / Return Effects unit the iPad would be pretty darn cool, I'm surprised no-one has implemented it yet.

The iPad doesn't have the audio ins and outs to work as an FX unit. You could try running Traktor into ableton and using the iPad as an ableton controller, but what's wrong with the Traktor FX?
    The iPad DOES support Stereo recording with something as cheap as the Behringer UFO202, and we know it supports stereo output - so why the hell not .. it could then be used with ANY dj Mixer and ANY audio application, like the Pio RMX/EFX .. hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Actually as a Send / Return Effects unit the iPad would be pretty darn cool, I'm surprised no-one has implemented it yet.

The iPad DOES support Stereo recording with something as cheap as the Behringer UFO202, and we know it supports stereo output - so why the hell not .. it could then be used with ANY dj Mixer and ANY audio application, like the Pio RMX/EFX .. hmmm.
    I haven't seen that......thats awesome!

http://www.everythingableton.com/201...of-the-week-7/

Check out what i found..

That's something i would love to integrate into my set. I mean, i have this Ipad2 i bought when it came out, spent so much money i should've invested on CDJ's or a controller, but fuck it. Anyone knows an app that i could use to control that Virtual Mixer?

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Crying shame its for PC only ... however its got regular 'ol midi control so Touch OSC or Lemur for iPad should work fine

BTW there no real effects on it that would be of any benefit over tractors built in ones.

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Crying shame its for PC only ... however its got regular 'ol midi control so Touch OSC or Lemur for iPad should work fine

BTW there no real effects on it that would be of any benefit over tractors built in ones.
    True, but i just love the Pioneer effects, delay sounds better, that sweep sounds nice, the filter, it's like a Roar. But what you're saying is correct, there's no real benefit + it's PC only..even though there's a way to transform it, but i don't want to go through all that to get nothing good out of it. I'll play around with Stompy tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast