My DJ promo !!! DJ DaMi GLO Nightclub Long Island NYC !!! EPK press kit - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    My advice to you is to make interesting demos, interesting tracks, remixes, free bootlegs and just work REALLY FUCKING HARD. Like every day...for years. Constantly letting people know about your product (sets/tracks/remixes/bootlegs/upcoming dates) will eventually begin to grab the notice of promoters who will be willing to invest money and time into you.
    This is pretty much what I was getting at. Sure, you may pay all the expenses and get a gig here and there, but in the long run what's it really going to be worth? It's all about providing content of some sort that people really want.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

I was half tempted to edit the video to feature someone else instead of you in those DJ box vid's as it looks like you just edited yourself in there for lulz.

IMHO it shows nothing apart from cutscenes between you *not* enjoying yourself whatsoever with a really bad camera and the crowd enjoying themselves in brightly lit club with a completely different lighting setup and a decent camera.

I'd be trying to:

A) Take camera shots at peak times from Behind you playing ENJOYING yourself and showing the crowd in front of you dancing and cheering like crazy.
    B) Take shots from in front of the DJ box panning around to the crowd (so we know you are actually playing !).

Seriously I wouldn't be putting on my grumpy face for a promo video .. Jeeze I've even seen Oakenfold look happier playing a gig (on occasions) !

It might just be me, or maybe you might be trying to set that "party" vibe, but between your track selection and your close up @:15-:25, the video as a whole looks pretty "influenced", or under-the-influence, to me. If thats the vibe you're looking to get across, I'd say you're spot on. If not, its kinda tasteless.. Just .02.
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

Tech Mentor

@ThemightyFV @EDparis @DeeVey @DarioJ Thank you for the critism however i am 26 yrs old kid with a OK job and make decent money but not a millionaire my camera is a Nikon D5100 DSLR which i am still trying to learn how to use but between my full time career my DJing Practice and Digging for music every night and my promoting for my gigs and preparing for them all i can say is THAT I AM TRYING MY HARDEST LOL ... I love the criticism tho because it just makes me work harder the next time ... I wish i had better footage however no one helps me with anything and all of you know what i am talking about so i am trying my best ... @DarioJ the reason why the video is like that is bc the footage is threw out the night so all different times and i wish i knew how to edit better but I'm no michael bay yet ... and for and @deevey that is me DJing at GLO NIGHTCLUB LONG ISLAND This is the proof lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by djmikeD; 05-07-2012 at 07:08 PM.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

haha dude, I knew it was ... just the way the footage was edited made it look dodgy.

And I do know what its like trying to get some help it can be hard, but bring some camera wielding mates and throw their name on the guest list next time hehe.

@DJmikeD: Im sorry I didn't mean for it to sound like that. I give you props for holding it down with your DJ and actual career. Check your PM's
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

Tech Wizard

Shout out to Glo from an LI boy!!!!

BTW Glo is one of the big clubs on long island. He's probably a bit nervous. I played there a number of years ago when it was called Mirage...I was nervous too LOL

Pretty interesting seeing Traktor and a VCI-100 there. Times they are changing. I always get laughed at when I rock the VCI. Until I give them a good set and then people are like WOW I have to get one of those.
    Last edited by transient; 05-07-2012 at 09:09 PM.

Tech Mentor

@Transient Thanks a lot I appreciate that so much and yes I was so nervous !! people who aren't from NYC/long island dont understand or know what GLO really is ... So hard to get into this spot you have no idea ... However I hear you about when people talk bad about controllerism but like u said everytime I'm finish my set they say WOW where can I get one of those lol Thanks again to everybody for all the support and critism I take no offense to anything that was said its only going to make me better and make me work harder to reach my goals and dreams !! Anyone that would like to work with each other or anyone who needs support for shows in NY or anywhere else where I can help let me know bc I still am a huge believer in if we all work together we will all succeed !!! Thanks again

my only criticism with the pictures and video is you dont seem to be connecting with the crowd, every shot you're concentrating on your screen, if you're playing to a crowd that big you should (and im not saying you dont) know your music, it looks like youre watching the screen for the drops whilst your hand in the air. i hope that made sense. just have more fun mate.
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

Have more fun that's my advice, get a bit crazy (add in some crazy loops, get onto some double drops, throw down some acapellas etc) it usually helps and shows off on the crowd!
    | NI Traktor Scratch Pro 2.1.3 | Steinberg Cubase 7.0 | Yamaha HS80m Monitors | Oxygen 25 |
    | Allen & Heath Xone:62 | Pioneer CDJ 200 | NI Kontrol X1 | Novation Launchpad |

Facebook | Twitter | Mixcloud | Soundcloud

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123