Akai MPD32 mapping to Traktor PRO
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Akai MPD32 mapping for Traktor PRO

NB!

Future updates will be published only on my own website, so here's a direct link:
    http://www.djdesouza.com/2010/01/aka...r-traktor-pro/

-------------------------

Just finished mapping Akai MPD32 controller with Traktor PRO and decided to share it.

I have a sketch picture how I've mapped everything so I won't write a long description how everything is working.

If there's two behaviours mapped to one control, Switch Pad (Modifier #1) is used to act the second behaviour.

If you have any questions, ideas or thoughts just let me know.

edit: Minor changes to the mapping. I also included my GUI layouts into the .TSI-file (see pictures). All files has been replaced.
    Last edited by desouza; 01-22-2010 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Future updates published only at www.djdesouza.com

Tech Wizard

Nice work, I'm planning on getting an mpd 32 next month and this really helped me with ideas on how to map it.

Are you using it with something else? A VCI-100 perhaps?

Tech Student

Thanks for this. I have traktor and I control using bcd3000. I bought mpd32 recently and struggling to understand why I bought it in the first place. But this completes the picture. I load the midi files as *.tks, but the file you have provided is *.tsi. Can you please explain what needs loaded in traktor ? Do i need to simply map the midi layout using learn function on traktor to as per you have shown in the picture in which case what is the purpose of tsi file?

Thanks in advance,

Tech Student

Default THanks

Hi, Thanks a mil for this/ Pls ignore my previous post. Can you please advise how to adjust the volume of the four decks and also the cross faders. and also how did you get to display mpd32 in the lcd screen of mpd32?
    Last edited by aleem; 06-27-2009 at 07:16 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by desouza View Post
    Just finished mapping Akai MPD32 controller with Traktor PRO and decided to share it.

I have a sketch picture how I've mapped everything so I won't write a long description how everything is working.

If there's two behaviours mapped to one control, Switch Pad (Modifier #1) is used to act the second behaviour.

If you have any questions, ideas or thoughts just let me know.

You can also throw me some shotouts to my guestbook: www.djdesouza.com

edit: Minor changes to the mapping. I also included my GUI layouts into the .TSI-file (see pictures). All files has been replaced.
    What do you mean by "Behaviors"? are they like different mappings of the knobs/faders/pads?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle_K View Post
    What do you mean by "Behaviors"? are they like different mappings of the knobs/faders/pads?
    Umm, yes. For example there is a pad which has Tempo Bend and also FX1 on/off (Modifier #1) mapped for the same pad and you should use "Shift" pad to toggle to Modifier #1 which in this case is FX1 on/off.

I had some bugs in my previous post (same midi values on different assignments) and those should be fixed. Also changed the position between pads "Play" and "Shift M#1" for better performance (see the layout picture) and now I have double macros on "Play" and all "Hotcues" so that Traktor will Phase sync when you hit "Play" or one of the "Hotcues".

Please download new files in this post to apply chages. BTW you should also use Vyzex MPD32 to install the .sqs file included in the zip.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by aleem View Post
    Hi, Thanks a mil for this/ Pls ignore my previous post. Can you please advise how to adjust the volume of the four decks and also the cross faders. and also how did you get to display mpd32 in the lcd screen of mpd32?
    The picture has been grabbed from Akai's website and therefore the lcd screen displays mpd32... I've just sketched my mappings on that picture

If you want to adjust volume of all four decks at the same time from a single knob/fader, simpy in Traktor add new rule for each deck and learn them all to that single knob/fader of your choice. That's the way to get a "double macro" which means that you have multiple Traktor midi rules mapped to a single pad/knob/fader on your MPD.

Tech Student

Hey thanks for the update. But what is the *.sqs file here for?

Tech Student

aaaah I don't get it! Do I need midi cables? There is still a bug or I made something wrong...

The MPD32 is a sweet piece of equipment. I'm working to make work with the Maschine sowfware... let see how that goes...
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast