"I Hate College" electro mix

Default "I Hate College" electro mix

Hey guys, I just made this mix that I call "I Hate College." I was hoping I could get some constructive criticism (don't sugarcoat please!). It's about 40 minutes long, so I don't understand if you don't want to listen to the entire thing, but I appreciate whatever tips I can get.

SoundCloud: http://soundcloud.com/djmrwhiskers/i-hate-college-1

Track list:

1. Asher Roth - "I Love College"
    2. Don Diablo & Example vs. Daft Punk - "Aerodynamic Hooligans"
    3. Justice - "We Are Your Friends (Disco Villains remix)"
    4. MGMT - "Time to Pretend (Bass Weazal Anthem Mix)
    5. Empire of the Sun - "We Are The People (Shazam remix)"
    6. Animal Collective - "My Girls (HATCHMATIK Disco Bootleg)"
    7. Crookers - "Para de Gracinha (Sticky K remix)"
    8. The Proxy vs. Madonna - "Like a Proxy" (Like a Prayer vs. Raven...I should say that at my college, whenever Like a Prayer is played, everyone takes off their shirt...and as of recent, same thing for Raven...hence the mashup)
    9. Dead Prez - "Hip Hop (Diplo remix)"
    10. MSTRKRFT ft. N.O.R.E. - "Bounce (Felix Cartal remix)"
    11. Chris James & Lee Dearn - "Torcida Cumbria (Mightyfools remix)"
    12. Justice - "D.A.N.C.E. (Ean Golden EDP Edit)
    13. Asher Roth - "I Love College"
    Last edited by Stewe; 09-07-2015 at 03:25 AM. Reason: dead links removed

dl'ing now, looking at the playlist it looks pretty good, although "D.A.N.C.E", the Diplo "Hip Hop" rmx are in almost every mix i see these days. but if you're going for a party mix, it's a good choice i suppose. i'll post back after i give it some ear time.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Awesome, thanks for listening. I'm trying to make a mix to get myself exposure and hopefully get some more paying gigs soon. I'm a college student and have been DJing house parties mostly for free, but I want to be consistently landing paying gigs, so I'm hoping to compile a mixtape of sorts to promote myself.
    Balls of Steel
    DJ/Producer
    SoundCloud | Twitter | Website

transition from 4-5 was a bit of a jump. i think i get what you were trying to go for, with the fade out and drop, but it threw me off. maybe put a filter or something on the intro to make it come in easier? simply my take on it. but dude, from 6-7 was epic, that was a sweet transition, a real groove. from 9-10 i think the phases were off, as in the 1st beat in the measure in one track wasn't the 1st in the other, but the fade covered it up well. other than those things i mentioned, good stuff man.

as always, take this as simply my opinion and not the definitive corrective solution. i'm in your situation as far as college upstarts go, and i'll say this: if you're serious, take your music seriously, and really have the initiative to go out there and grab your dream by the neck :P that's what it really takes. you've got a good technical foundation which puts you ahead of a lot of people. good luck!
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Thanks for the feedback. I'm cutting California Love from the mix now, going straight to the MGMT from We Are Your Friends instead, and I'm a) filtering the intro to the MGMT and b) putting some iceverb, reverb and a little delay on the end of We Are Your Friends to help with the build and release. I think it works now, but I'll record just that transition and repost it later if anyone wants to take a look.
    Balls of Steel
    DJ/Producer

Alright, here's my transition between those two, better I think but still a bit rough: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=4...5965eaa7bc68bc

Difficult to mix those two...
    Balls of Steel
    DJ/Producer

I just redid the mix without California Love, and hopefully the rest of the mix is a little cleaner as well.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mzdxwytonqw
    Balls of Steel
    DJ/Producer

That Raven vs. Madonna really is strange Other than that, I really enjoyed the mix. Overall nice transitions should work well in a club
    I mix stuff on my things...