Help with mixxx (again.....)
    Tech Wizard

Default Help with mixxx (again.....)

hello helpful people!

I was recording a mix in mixxx, but it did not record properly. i ended up with 2000 something mini recordings. anyone know how to fix this? the saving feature will split at 4 GB. is there any way to make it one mega-file? i can do that with VDJ LE, but i need mixxx for my stuff.

any hope?

u ended up with 2000 recordings of 4gb each? 4gb sounds like a safe file size to split the recordings on?
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

No man!

HEHE...he has the file split set to happen when it reaches 4GB.

So he was expecting 1 file for his recording, as it was under 4GB I am guessing.

But, he had 2000 individual files created. Tiny in size I am guessing too.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

ah yep - that does sounds much more plausible i'll try a recording using mixxx later and see what happens. to the OP what version of mixxx are you using and what o/s?
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by zeddee View Post
    hello helpful people!

I was recording a mix in mixxx, but it did not record properly. i ended up with 2000 something mini recordings. anyone know how to fix this? the saving feature will split at 4 GB. is there any way to make it one mega-file? i can do that with VDJ LE, but i need mixxx for my stuff.

any hope?
    Hi zeddee,

Mixxx developer here. What you're seeing is this bug: Bug #954861. I recently fixed this and the fix will be in 1.10.1 and 1.11.0 when they're released. As a workaround, I suggest using 2GB splits until you can upgrade to the newest version. FYI you'll have a lot better response coming to the Mixxx forums directly or to our IRC channel to ask questions.

Hope that helps,
    RJ Ryan

cheers rryan i need to dijest what's in the bug list sometime... and +1 to the irc idea