The Problem with Itch
    Tech Wizard

Angry The Problem with Itch

Anyone else LOVE the idea of Itch, but hate it's implementation? They mean for Itch controllers to replace club mixers and decks. Simply go into the club, plug your laptop in, and BOOM. You can play any controller, no configuration required. Great idea.

However, what is killing it is their refusal to allow ANY customization. I want to add a 3rd deck to my S1! Why cant I plug in a V7 and simply have another deck? Or why cant they integrate an Ipad app for Itch? Or a controller for the sample decks? Or the bridge? Come on!!! Video is awful, I cant even control the effects with my software.

Anyone else feel like Itch is losing customers because we cant use more than 1 controller?

It's not really a problem with Itch, more a purchasing choice. There are people who don't want/need mapping capabilities This allows Serato to avoid Midi limitations and work with proprietary protocols. NI is now moving that direction with the F1, maximizing the hardware/software.

I do get what you're saying about using the V7 with SSL, but that is an SSL thing and not an Itch thing. As for a separate Itch App, it would mean the same level of integration as Itch itself and the expected benefits might be outweighed by latency by an "external" source
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Wizard

Actually with the V7 I meant use my DDJ-S1 with Itch and add a 3rd deck with a V7. It should be as easy as plugging it in!

Quote Originally Posted by AHAP View Post
    Anyone else LOVE the idea of Itch, but hate it's implementation? They mean for Itch controllers to replace club mixers and decks. Simply go into the club, plug your laptop in, and BOOM. You can play any controller, no configuration required. Great idea.
    I honestly think that's the absolute worst idea I've heard since I started DJing……it beats wearing a giant mouse head.

But, yeah, it is weird why they don't allow you to add decks by plugging in a V7……except that you'd need an external mixer to control the 3rd channel……and there goes the purpose of the middle of every all-in-one controller out there……and there's more hardware to buy…and oh screw it, just buy decks.

Quote Originally Posted by AHAP View Post

However, what is killing it is their refusal to allow ANY customization. I want to add a 3rd deck to my S1! Why cant I plug in a V7 and simply have another deck? Or why cant they integrate an Ipad app for Itch? Or a controller for the sample decks? Or the bridge? Come on!!! Video is awful, I cant even control the effects with my software.

Anyone else feel like Itch is losing customers because we cant use more than 1 controller?
    You kind of shoot yourself in the foot with this one .

You love the idea of just showing up with your machine, but you want to add customization which would require you to bring more than just your machine .
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

Tech Wizard

Yeah I did. That's why I just bought an S4 w/ scratch update and an audio technica TT haha. Cant wait for the F1 to come out
    Pioneer DDJ-SX on MBP
    2x RCF ART 312A tops and RCF ART 705A sub
    Chauvet 4bar Flex, Scorpion RGX, Circus