JackOsx /Traktor /Abelton

Default JackOsx /Traktor /Abelton

I am trying to route 4 channels from traktor into abelton , I have got as far as setting the ports in Jack osx but in the send ports only live is showing and in the receive ports both are showing , not sure what to do tried a couple of times but keep getting stuck at this point.
    MBP 17 " , Allen & Heath Xone 92 , 2 X NI D2 , Midi Fighter Twister , MF3D , Maschine Mk2 , KRK RP6 G2 , Push , Technics 1210 mk2 , Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio Young Guru

Did you go through the tutorial on Dubspot? Then everything should work.

http://blog.dubspot.com/traktor-to-a...o-route-audio/
    MacBook Pro 13 (Q1 2011) | Adam A5X | Akai APC20 | Alesis QX49 | Behringer BCR2000 | NI Komplete Audio 6

thats what i have been using , do you need to use a external sound card or can I use the Db4 one.
    MBP 17 " , Allen & Heath Xone 92 , 2 X NI D2 , Midi Fighter Twister , MF3D , Maschine Mk2 , KRK RP6 G2 , Push , Technics 1210 mk2 , Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio Young Guru

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by neilmcm View Post
    I am trying to route 4 channels from traktor into abelton , I have got as far as setting the ports in Jack osx but in the send ports only live is showing and in the receive ports both are showing , not sure what to do tried a couple of times but keep getting stuck at this point.

@neilmcm I had the same issue but solved it....simple after a good nights sleep.
    In Traktor you have to make sure you select "JackRouter" and NOT "jack audio device".

Cheers,
    K.

Thanks will try this tonight when I get home.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

The soundcard in your DB will do just fine, you can even do this with just the integrated one in your lappy.

Padi so I don't need to use jack osx , how do I set that up ?? Thanks

Padi so I don't need to use jack osx

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

You'd still need jack ..or similar

Traktor will use jack outputs 1-8 as external routing sound card

In Ableton set the input sound card to Jack and the output to DB4

Ableton will use the DB4 as the output sound card to whatever channels you wish on the DB4

TBH I gave up on Jack after a few attempts and went with soundflower instead - it just "worked" without any messing around Jack just failed for me and couldn't be arsed trying to make it work.