who manual beatmatchs on their 400
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default who manual beatmatchs on their 400

hey guys .... just wondering who beat matches and what have you got your tempo set to? cant seam to find one where i can fine tune it good with, without having to use the shift button because its not in the tempo range

Tech Convert

i do sometimes just so i dont forget how to beatmatch and because a lot of times sync just screws up a transition .....i played records ten years ago and i love the sync button unlike how most people feel about this subject, and i switch tracks alot and sync just makes it easier......
    my settings on pitch are 8% and sensitivity is somewhere around 5% but adjust frequently depending on the track playing because beatmatching is pretty difficult on the 400..... I hope they fix this issue in future updates cause it seems a lot of others have issues as well

I do, set to the lowest percentage of range...6% I believe. I don't seem to have any trouble beatmatching on them, which is why I refuse to upgrade to an 800 or 1000. I also use mine with Traktor sometimes and have them set to Native Support mode or HID. Much more control than control vinyl.

Turn off your BPM readout and phase meter in Traktor and enjoy!
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

Tech Convert

I think they're talking about the Vestax VCI-400 mate, not Pioneer CDJ-400's. I am actually thinking of moving FROM CDJ-400's to Vestax VCI-400. However am pretty concerned by what I'm hearing around these forums about performance of jog wheel response, jog wheel beat matching etc.

Our CDJ's have HID mode with Traktor and work perfectly, however the VCI-400 does not and uses MIDI which seems to be a real problem... At least this is my understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemes1s View Post
    I think they're talking about the Vestax VCI-400 mate, not Pioneer CDJ-400's.
    Yep, you're right...didn't look at the category this was posted in.

I will agree with you though, MIDI signals are no where near as accurate. They are fine for buttons and knobs, but seem to lose their accuracy when mapping them to pitch range...which is why I converted to HID.
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

I only beatmatch by ear at the moment just so i get use to the gear. I set my tempo faders to 8% and have an encoder set to adjust the tempo by .01 bpm. Works great!!!! I didn't like using shift with the fader then resetting it all the time.

More details here:
    ::: mixing music that feeds the soul ::: iTunes | House-mixes.com | Mixcloud
    "If the music you're listening to doesn't give you goosebumps, you're listening to the wrong genre."

Tech Mentor

well i used to have a mixtrack pro so doing it manually was a bit of a pain in the arse because the low res faders could never get it perfect... so this is why i got this hoping it would be the bee's and ee's actually been a disappointment

and correct me if am wrong guys... but say i have a song which is say 126.00 but then i want it to 127 (+0.8 tempo) it will show up as 126.99 and if i want 128 it will be 128.01 this .01 prob wont matter am just very picky lol but if i was to use shift plus move fader i get 128.00 no problem.... and also here comes another rant hahaha sorry guys... if i was to move the fader back to centre position (+0.0) the bpm would be 126.04 but it loaded up as 126.00

maybe am not understanding this whole pitch and percentage stuff so if you can explain please do

cheers sean

hey

I have the pitch faders set to a very fine resolution and very small range, and have some keyboard shortcuts set with bigger jumps up and down. I can use the keyboard short cuts to get in the ballpark and then the very fine pitch fader to match it up exactly.

k

double post.

Tech Convert

I will cue the next song and hit sync then shut it off. This will make the BPM of the next track match the master clock. Then when I play the next track i use the outer wheel just to nudge it in place. I don't like the sync feature, it never seems to get it right and I don't feel like making all my grids perfect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast