Do people even get booked for deep house? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Awesome tune, need more tracks like these on DJTT!

Tech Wizard

Lol what?! You're from Toronto? Must be living in a cave if you think there aren't any Deep House or Bass Music parties going on... Also Kollektiv Turmstrasse will be playing pretty much a month from now at the previously mentioned Footwork - https://www.facebook.com/events/383757134996095/ check out the event listings on RA and follow the right promoters and you'll definitely be going to a lot of proper parties. Just some names of other acts coming around this month and next are Soul Clap (this Saturday, as well as John Digweed the same night), Deniz Kurtel, Audiofly, Jamie Jones, Nina Kraviz, Miguel Campbell, Matthus Raman, Shlohmo, James Teej, Chopstick & Johnjon, Jacques Greene, Tiger & Woods, Green Velvet, plus the 4-5 music festivals in June-July including an Art Department beach party, and the crazy local talent. That should be a start...

Mr. Magma is right, there really is no shortage of shows out there to hit. Be active and start meeting people!

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Tale Of Us got mentioned so I feel obligated to post this track:

Also, grew up in Toronto, don't know much of any deep house scene there... but then, I'm out of touch with the scene there now anyways.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.magma View Post
    Lol what?! You're from Toronto? Must be living in a cave if you think there aren't any Deep House or Bass Music parties going on... Also Kollektiv Turmstrasse will be playing pretty much a month from now at the previously mentioned Footwork - https://www.facebook.com/events/383757134996095/ check out the event listings on RA and follow the right promoters and you'll definitely be going to a lot of proper parties. Just some names of other acts coming around this month and next are Soul Clap (this Saturday, as well as John Digweed the same night), Deniz Kurtel, Audiofly, Jamie Jones, Nina Kraviz, Miguel Campbell, Matthus Raman, Shlohmo, James Teej, Chopstick & Johnjon, Jacques Greene, Tiger & Woods, Green Velvet, plus the 4-5 music festivals in June-July including an Art Department beach party, and the crazy local talent. That should be a start...
    yeah i know about electric dreams, and VELD and digweeds coming and fedde le grand and diplo,skrillex,justice i know all about that. its easy. but thanks for the update nd info on footwork ill be sure to check all that stuff out. big miguel campbell and jamie jones fan so ill probably try to check that. Wheres the Art department beach party??? oh nvm its apart of the electric dreams.

Tech Wizard

Yeah Tale Of Us were in Toronto before WMC as well. Those acts aren't really the Deep House you were asking for so I didn't mention, but yeah JJ and Miguel Campbell are both at Footwork via https://www.facebook.com/themodernloveaffair so I'd definitely follow that. And yeah the beach party is at Digital Dreams.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the term "Deep House" is starting to take on a new meaning with the latest generation of DJ's. Case in point, the Deep House & Bass Music thread on this site has very few if any true Deep House tracks, at least by my definition. And as for using Beatport to define genre's? Half the time I'm having to change the genre on tracks I buy from Beatport, there's no rhyme nor reason to how they sort their music by genre.
    This, exactly. I'm a Soulful/Deep House DJ over many years, based in the UK where there are a good number of Deep House nights. I've also recently noticed mentions of Deep House and supposed examples of, which in my terms of reference are not Deep House tracks. I'm actually moving further and further away from Beatport these days as the more commercial tracks seem to shoved to the front plus the genre definitions are bizarre sometimes. Traxsource is superb for Soulful/Deep House and to my mind are virtually spot on with their definitions. Go to their Top20 weekly releases under Deep House and you can't go wrong IMHO.
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukks View Post
    Theres no deep house scene in my area (AT ALL)
    When I first read that, I saw (ATL), meaning Atlanta. And that couldn't be further from the truth. The area is a bit hipster, but I've been to a lot of deep and tech house nights in Southeast Atlanta with awesome music.

Mr. C is playing this weekend with a few locals I know. It's going to be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBay View Post
    Go on Beatport, and search by genre.
    Horrible idea……

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    Half the time I'm having to change the genre on tracks I buy from Beatport, there's no rhyme nor reason to how they sort their music by genre.
    That's way more my experience.

Even Ishkur's guide with his ridiculous hipster "my music is the only good music, and I kinda hate everything" vibe is better than a lot of the beatport genre distinctions. Well…if you listen to anything but the genre top10s…and even sometimes then……

Quote Originally Posted by backtothefront View Post
    Traxsource is superb for Soulful/Deep House and to my mind are virtually spot on with their definitions. Go to their Top20 weekly releases under Deep House and you can't go wrong IMHO.
    THE FIRST RULE OF TRAXSOURCE IS THAT YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT TRAXSOURCE.

No, seriously, though…that site is awesome. They've taken a lot more of my money lately than beatport.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    The absolute last place I would expect deep house is at an illegal rave.
    no way, here in LA there is tons of underground desert raves playing deep house. but yeah as others have mentioned it really depends where you are

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    The absolute last place I would expect deep house is at an illegal rave.
    what? it´s all about deep house, mnml, tech house @at 90% of the illegals that are going on in germany, as well as the clubscene itself is highly influenced by those genres.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast