Best budget sound system!!!
    Tech Wizard

Default Best budget sound system!!!

Hi,
    I've been DJing for a while now but only for my own enjoyment and have never played out before.
    However I want to start DJing at friends' house parties.
    Of course to do this I need a sound system - any suggestions? (Keep them CHEAP!)
    Thanks, Patrick.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPatrickDenny View Post
    Hi,
    I've been DJing for a while now but only for my own enjoyment and have never played out before.
    However I want to start DJing at friends' house parties.
    Of course to do this I need a sound system - any suggestions? (Keep them CHEAP!)
    Thanks, Patrick.
    well you know when you want cheap you will get cheap js. just rent out for a while till you save up for a decent system. thats what im doing. you should do it right the first time instead of multiple times. multiple times equal up to one good system

Tech Mentor

+ 1 for TPNV's comment. If you buy cheap you will just end up replacing it and wasting money in the long run
    Macbook Pro 2011 :: Xone 22 :: Technics 1200 :: Denon DNS3700 :: 2x Midifighter ::Akia MPD24 :: Kaoss Pad 2 :: Audio 6 :: KRK Rockit 5 Darkstar :: Roland Sh-101 :: Traktor Scratch Duo :: Ableton live 8

Tech Mentor

A few pairs of old house speakers with 12" woofers and a power amp would do the trick for house parties... You could keep it under $300.

Tech Wizard

Hey, Same sorta theory as jamthrax, but I went to guitarcenter, and got a harbinger 12" powered speaker used it was $80, works great for all the house parties i throw, bumps for what i need. i also hooked up a 15" bass amp so that might be a thing to look on craigslist for. but all in all i spent no more than $200 and it works for all the house parties i can ever think of, if your gonna play weddings and actual halls and stuff, definitely rent until you have money for a really nice system, youll save money in the long run
    Be Good, Get Good, or Give Up - Greg House
    Denon DN MC-6000, Virtual DJ PRO, Launchpad, 2 - 12" harbinger powered speakers.