Is Traktor Pro 2 > VDJ?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Is Traktor Pro 2 > VDJ?

Hey all, I just got traktor pro 2 and I've been having some trouble hooking it up to mt Denon MC6000, maybe i have the settings wrong. I want to use it as a 4 track mixer and I'm having trouble. when ever I hook it up and open Traktor the ch2 and ch3 faders act as the ch1 and ch2 faders, respectively.

now I was using my 6000 with VDJ and I found it to be much more user friendly and easier to navigate, although from the looks of it I can do a ton more with TP2. Is it really worth it going to TP2 from VDJ?

if anyone had hit this snag before or has any tips about TP2 and the 6000 in general all replies are great, thanks everyone.
    Be Good, Get Good, or Give Up - Greg House
    Denon DN MC-6000, Virtual DJ PRO, Launchpad, 2 - 12" harbinger powered speakers.

Tech Mentor

inb4 fustercluck

Go find a Denon MC6000 Traktor mapping and import the TSI. I'm sure there should be one on this site.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | 2x Stanton ST-150 Turntables | Traktor Kontrol F1 | MacBook

www.mixcloud.com/sunshineraleigh

Yup, there are positives and negatives to both softwares. It all, of course, depends on the user and what the user wishes to accomplish with his software of choice. I'd suggest the ease of setting up a MIDI controller to work with the software shouldn't be your main judgement criteria. It's not difficult with either, so it'll only be an issue until you actually set it up.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Wizard

ok I'll find one! thanks, how to i import a .tsi tho? Im sure I can watch a youtube video on how to do it.
    Denon DN MC-6000, Virtual DJ PRO, Launchpad, 2 - 12" harbinger powered speakers.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    Yup, there are positives and negatives to both softwares. It all, of course, depends on the user and what the user wishes to accomplish with his software of choice. I'd suggest the ease of setting up a MIDI controller to work with the software shouldn't be your main judgement criteria. It's not difficult with either, so it'll only be an issue until you actually set it up.

you make a very good point, thanks for the tip!

Settings-Controller Manager-Big import button on the bottom.

Not sure if those are the exact names but they should be close enough to get you there.
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

Quote Originally Posted by laneo View Post
    Hey all, I just got traktor pro 2 and I've been having some trouble hooking it up to mt Denon MC6000, maybe i have the settings wrong. I want to use it as a 4 track mixer and I'm having trouble. when ever I hook it up and open Traktor the ch2 and ch3 faders act as the ch1 and ch2 faders, respectively.
    That's how it's supposed to work.
    With the Denon .tsi file (and most .tsi files for the MC6000) the channel assignments are: C A B D
    --------------------------------------------------
    2023 14" MacBook Pro M2 Max 32 GB (OS Ventura 13.5.1), Rekordbox, Technics SL-1210GRs,
    DJM-A9, DDJ-XP2, Sennheiser Acoustick.

Quote Originally Posted by dj subculture View Post
    That's how it's supposed to work.
    With the Denon .tsi file (and most .tsi files for the MC6000) the channel assignments are: C A B D
    Didn't notice that in the original post. Well spotted!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Can someone point out the things about VDJ that are "better" than Traktor?

Do everything with everything, no need for dedicated hardware, plug any crap in and it works. BUT don't expect Traktor performance, just something workable.
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast