Farmpad and padkontrol
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Farmpad and padkontrol

Guys,
    I am hoping someone can offer help. I have been trying to get my PadKontrol and farm pad to work.... No Joy. I have even tried to use both OS x 10.4 and 10.5. I start up padkontrol and then farmpad. I get the following message in terminal window:

Last login: Tue May 19 12:37:02 on ttys000
    xxxx-xxxxxs-macbook-pro:~ peterharrison$ farmpad
    farmpad v1.3.1
    ------------
    Connected to padKontrol.
    Entering active mode.

After this apparently the led's are supposed to flash twice to show that the padkontrol is in farmpad mode. But it doesn't! Any suggestions? I have tried the Korg forum, but I think its a little less populated than the moon!

I love my PadKontrol, but I want to love it more!
    MBP (Traktor/ Ableton) MBP 17" (Early 2009) 2.93Ghz Core duo, 4Gb 1077Mhz RAM, Seagate Momentus XT 7200rpm 500GB OS X 10.6.4 TSP 1.2.6 (R8491), ADJ8 (2.3.14 driver)
    Midi/ Control (either) Vestax: VCM-600 Livid: Ohm64 Akai: APC80 Korg: PadKontrol (running through FarmPad) Technics: SL1210mk II x 1 (and regret selling my other so think twice)

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by fleater View Post
    Guys,
    I am hoping someone can offer help. I have been trying to get my PadKontrol and farm pad to work.... No Joy. I have even tried to use both OS x 10.4 and 10.5. I start up padkontrol and then farmpad. I get the following message in terminal window:

Last login: Tue May 19 12:37:02 on ttys000
    xxxx-xxxxxs-macbook-pro:~ peterharrison$ farmpad
    farmpad v1.3.1
    ------------
    Connected to padKontrol.
    Entering active mode.

After this apparently the led's are supposed to flash twice to show that the padkontrol is in farmpad mode. But it doesn't! Any suggestions? I have tried the Korg forum, but I think its a little less populated than the moon!

I love my PadKontrol, but I want to love it more!
    Bump
    MBP (Traktor/ Ableton) MBP 17" (Early 2009) 2.93Ghz Core duo, 4Gb 1077Mhz RAM, Seagate Momentus XT 7200rpm 500GB OS X 10.6.4 TSP 1.2.6 (R8491), ADJ8 (2.3.14 driver)
    Midi/ Control (either) Vestax: VCM-600 Livid: Ohm64 Akai: APC80 Korg: PadKontrol (running through FarmPad) Technics: SL1210mk II x 1 (and regret selling my other so think twice)

Didn't know about this program, but it might bring some new life to my padKontrol that's just collecting dust. I'm going to check it out this weekend.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DJPhaidon View Post
    Didn't know about this program, but it might bring some new life to my padKontrol that's just collecting dust. I'm going to check it out this weekend.
    Let me know if you get it working as I seem to be drawing a blank! All seems to be connecting but I cannot get it working correctly. Everyone on the Ableton sites seem to be saying how great it is..... If only I could get it running!!!!!
    Please let me know how you get on!
    Fleater

Farmpad quadrupled the value and joy I get out of my padkontrol, easily. I have a traktor mapping that is all controlled by the padkontrol now! Using the encoder for anything, and xy-pad as a button etc etc. it's endless joy... i'll post about it sometime soon

your problem sounds strange. I recall reading that even if it doens't blink twice it might be connected. If it says it's connected then it probably is. Does the LED screen in the corner change to something that looks like S 1 instead of the usual S.01? If it does you should be up and running fine....

Grab this app http://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/ and check to see if you are getting any input. You might need to check box it under sources... There should be a ton of SYSEX msgs coming in from the padkontrol, and the midi coming from farmpad...

And remember you have to enable farmpad as a midi source in traktor or live or whatever your host is. (If you use logic for production it get's tricky, pm me and i'll explain)

What can you do with farmpad then? Is there a good link where I can learn about it?

Not really... go to farmaudio.com, download the program, and take a peek at the example configs.

here's a quick advertisment for it though:
    You can pretty much set any (ANY) button, knob, xy etc. to any CC or midi note you want using configs. You can change anything to either trigger or toggle type mode. You can change scenes from within farmpad (so have one scene for all you transports, hit a button and have a scene with all fx etc...). Make the XY pad into a button (so for example, enable an FX rack when you touch it, modify the params with XY, then when you let go it disables fx again). etc etc... peek at the example configs to get more of an idea.

Oh, and you can set the LED text to whatever you want, for multiple scenes.... So you can scroll PENIS 8===o across your LED while playing. How dope is that?
    Last edited by crashpackx; 05-23-2009 at 05:49 AM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by crashpackx View Post
    Not really... go to farmaudio.com, download the program, and take a peek at the example configs.

here's a quick advertisment for it though:
    You can pretty much set any (ANY) button, knob, xy etc. to any CC or midi note you want using configs. You can change anything to either trigger or toggle type mode. You can change scenes from within farmpad (so have one scene for all you transports, hit a button and have a scene with all fx etc...). Make the XY pad into a button (so for example, enable an FX rack when you touch it, modify the params with XY, then when you let go it disables fx again). etc etc... peek at the example configs to get more of an idea.

Oh, and you can set the LED text to whatever you want, for multiple scenes.... So you can scroll PENIS 8===o across your LED while playing. How dope is that?
    For some reason I cannot get it working on either of my macs...... I think I might have a non compatible model??

Tech Wizard

Farmpad quadrupled the value and joy I get out of my padkontrol, easily. I have a traktor mapping that is all controlled by the padkontrol now! Using the encoder for anything, and xy-pad as a button etc etc. it's endless joy... i'll post about it sometime soon

your problem sounds strange. I recall reading that even if it doens't blink twice it might be connected. If it says it's connected then it probably is. Does the LED screen in the corner change to something that looks like S 1 instead of the usual S.01? If it does you should be up and running fine....

Grab this app http://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/ and check to see if you are getting any input. You might need to check box it under sources... There should be a ton of SYSEX msgs coming in from the padkontrol, and the midi coming from farmpad...

And remember you have to enable farmpad as a midi source in traktor or live or whatever your host is. (If you use logic for production it get's tricky, pm me and i'll explain)
    Right here we go. I turn on my PK. I have already installed farmpad on my mac. I open terminal and type farmpad. The following is displayed on my terminal window...

Last login: Sat May 23 16:58:16 on ttys000
    peter-harrisons-macbook-pro:~ peterharrison$ /Users/peterharrison/Desktop/MIDI\ Devices/Farmpad/farmpad ; exit;
    farmpad v1.3.1
    ------------
    Connected to padKontrol.
    Entering active mode.

The PK should flash twice to show that its active, this does not happen.
    If I go to the audio midi setup in applications> Utilities PadKontrol is active. There is also no mention of farmpad as a midi device!
    I then open the midi monitor that you gave me the link to and hit one of the pads and I get the following:

17:09:13.929 From PORT A Note On 13 A-1 110

17:09:13.986 From PORT A Note Off 13 A-1 64

The above is the note from scene 1 pad 1 as I have set it up in Editor librarian.
    I select Farmpad as a midi device in either traktor or ableton but cannot get a midi in signal!
    The display on the PadKontrol shows the standard S.01
    Please help me as I really want the app to work!

P.S. I am connecting to the PadKontrol using a USB and not the Midi Cables, (is this the problem)?
    Last edited by fleater; 05-23-2009 at 11:15 AM. Reason: More information

Tech Wizard

Crashpackx.
    Can you go to applications> Audio Midi and tell me what is conncted in the midi devices when the padkontrol is connected to Farmpad?
    Cheers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast