controller dilema
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default controller dilema

im looking to buy a 4 deck controller ideally that has analogue mixer ability on at least 2 channels, works with traktor to scratch to some degree, has minimum of 4 cue point assignable buttons, and sample deck control and if possible loop recorder mapped.

my budget is around £300.

so far ive found 3 that i like the look of they are:

american audio vms4.1 (improved sound card)
    Numark N4
    stanton DJC4 (i am aware this is not out til late june)

im open to other controller ideas

none of the above will work with traktor Scratch Pro ...the NI timecode requires either NI hardware or a scratch CERTIFIED mixer.....
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables
    8000+ 45's & 2500+ 12's ¦ 2 x Traktor Kontrol S4 ¦ X1 & F1

Tech Mentor

none of the above will work with traktor Scratch Pro ...the NI timecode requires either NI hardware or a scratch CERTIFIED mixer.....
    untrue ive seen both the n4 and vms4.1 working in traktor with timecodes and with direct output from the build in cards in the controllers.

tho if i could afford the route of NI sound card for timecode i would but id prefer to mainly use controller but have the back up of analogue ability.

you could use a NI soundcard for timecode and route the audio into the analog inputs in those controllers - if they have analog channels - didn't think they were scratch certified to use for timecode by themselves
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Mentor

the n4 isnt scratch certified but does work for timecode and the vms4 ive seen a Japanese guy using timecodes on it but unsure if he had them routed via a NI soundcard, i like the N4 but must be honest i prefer the 4 midilog and metal construction of the vms4.1, another on my list maybe the reloop jockey 3 tho this is a little higher than my original price

Can we not have the traktor scratch interface debate again please? LEGAL traktor scratch software will only work with NI sound cards and certified mixers. End of.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Mentor

i wasnt trying to envoke a debate just trying to get advise and with regards to your statement please enlighten me as i find it hard to believe 'dj angelo' would during reloops jockey 3 showcase use timecode vinyl through the interface alone without NI soundcard as this controller is not 'scratch certified' he wouldnt be using illegal software given his reputation and following in the professional world

Tech Wizard

Seems to me that you have already figured it out so best advice is go and try them out in a shop....

Quote Originally Posted by michael133 View Post
    the n4 isnt scratch certified but does work for timecode and the vms4 ive seen a Japanese guy using timecodes on it but unsure if he had them routed via a NI soundcard, i like the N4 but must be honest i prefer the 4 midilog and metal construction of the vms4.1, another on my list maybe the reloop jockey 3 tho this is a little higher than my original price
    They are doing it it with cracked software, it's illegal and we DO NOT SUPPORT OR DISCUSS IT !
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables

You also mention the VMS4.1 ...don't let price be the judge of your buying ... I've had two VMS's, they were absolutely terrible, the new ones manage to keep their paint on, but they haven't really improved the sound, just the VOLUME ..not the quality. ReLoop have got to be better and Numark have been building good kit for decades. Just to state the obvious again, IF YOU WANT TIMECODE/DVS LEGALLY and you want to use Trakor, then you will need at least an AUDIO4DJ, the cheapest 2 deck DVS solution, AUDIO8DJ = 4 deck DVS, Audio6 - 2 decks plus loop recorder, Audio10 4 decks plus loop recorder. The S2 hasn't got inputs, but the S4 does (I can run 2xDVS decks plus loop and samples)

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...?category=1315

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast