Midi Fighter 3D Feature Requests - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Tech Convert

Right on !! Thanks Sir! Throw some wireless in and you got the most Diverse piece of equipment there is!! (like it's not already)! Cheers

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by karistouf View Post
    Hi there.
    -the sleeping mode of the MF3D with its leds warming nicely. I would like to have a a disable mode in the MF utility. Especially if my gyros are affected to lights.
    Yes please! Having the MF3D go into sleep mode can foul up Traktor.

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Yes there will be a bug fix for the sleep mode soon - it will also enable you to disable sleep mode using the utility.

hello all,
    at first this may sound like a simple mapping request but it would be a general setting request for the loader utility. I could not find this elsewhere in the forum either but if I missed it sorry in advance...

For those of us who use this MF3D, or any MF for that matter, a setting that would allow one to "rotate" the 16-button grid orientation of ANY mapping 180 degrees with respect to the standard button (default appears to have the USB plug facing the user) configuration. I'd also say throw in swapping the order of the bank buttons from left to right so while across the "top" 1-2-3-4 --> 4-3-2-1 when the bank buttons are across the "bottom". The latter request is more of a tertiary one but would be an added convenience in my view and just add a complete rotation of the front face.

Why all this you ask?

As an Ableton user and possibly a little lazy since I like the fact that I can automatically use the buttons to trigger general midi notes without having to load anything to the MF3D, I noticed that by default, especially for the drum kits, the USB plug is expected to face the user. To me, this seems unnatural and begs the question why this is the default config with no template applied? When I do map to this, I will of course always take that into consideration but a quick switch option would be wicked easy to employ I'd imagine and literally translates to having the USB plug towards or away from you as a preference with the button matrix/bank buttons following suit. I have a hard time believing I am the first one to mention this across all of these devices, no?

That's my meager request but I must add that this thing blows my mind every damn time i pick it up and if I must I'll make my own default template I will cause I can't really say a single bad thing about the piece of kit itself, thanks for your time.
    Last edited by hungary irishman; 06-20-2012 at 06:44 AM.

Hi Hungary Irishman,

The reason that the USB connector is on the front is to allow you to tilt it towards the audience without starting to hit the USB cable, which will happen when you tilt it backwards.

I have mocked up code which allows the grid rotation so I will likely add this in at some point in the future

Hm, I think I understand, this is presuming one is using this with greater weight as a visual accent to a performance while the control aspect is still primary. Don't get me wrong, the visual options are really icing on the cake, but in my case i'm only using the lighting to color code functions/instruments in Live and since I know the control axis work, visual feedback isn't really necessary (again, in my case, not speaking for everyone here).

Anyways good to hear you have that rigged, hope to see it in a future version and thanks again for your consideration.
    easy,
    b

Tech Wizard

I probably just need to google this or read the manual - but I would like the ability to switch the lights off or turn the unit off without unplugging the USB cable (repeatedly doing this will weaken the connection I think). I'm using the MF3D with the MF3D DeckGratMotion from flashflooder. When I close Traktor, I invariably still have lights on on the MF3D and it would be nice to be able to switch them off

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by jibberish View Post
    I probably just need to google this or read the manual - but I would like the ability to switch the lights off or turn the unit off without unplugging the USB cable (repeatedly doing this will weaken the connection I think). I'm using the MF3D with the MF3D DeckGratMotion from flashflooder. When I close Traktor, I invariably still have lights on on the MF3D and it would be nice to be able to switch them off
    yes this would be a nice feature!

While rearranging all my gear today I decided the single feature I most want out of the MF3D is something in the utility that would allow me to invert all the controls. I far prefer having the cord come out the top of the device, as it's normal location constantly gets in the way. Of course, I can do this myself by remapping everything to the opposite buttons, but that takes a long time to do. Any chance this could fit into the next update?
    Facebook : Soundcloud : Beatport DJ : Twitter DJ
    My Show: Sunday Nights 00:00 - 02:00 GMT (7pm -9pm EST) on Fokus FM Radio
    My Setup

I will add an invert function to the next release
    Thanks!
    Mike

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast