Dodgy vinyl 'noise' at a gig on Saturday

Default Dodgy vinyl 'noise' at a gig on Saturday

Wotcha

Was playing at a houseparty on Saturday and ran into a funny issue.

Setup a stack of gear (serious audio pr0n going on - 2x1210, 2xCDJ1000, DJM900, then each indiciadual DJs gear, which meant a couple of X1s and a Kontrol S4 as well an a few laptops). The decks were running my Shure M44s and the other hiphop guys Traktor Mk2 vinyl (first time I've used them tbh - and they do seem quieter)

Before the bodies turned up, the other hiphop guy an I were messing about, he took the left deck and I took the right, just the mess about - I plugged in my A8 though the multicores, and he plugged in his A6

On my deck, the scope was pretty badly jaggy, (there was a blue outer loop which I'm used to and a yellow one inside it? seemed to be going roughly at 45 degrees lower left to upper right)

He seemed to be playing and scratching perfectly well, whereas I was getting the track juddering back and forth and a low input warning when the needle wasn't on the record.

I assume I was getting inducted 'noise' in the phono lines - but why was it only affecting me and not him?

yrs

confused.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Were both the 1210s in the same condition?
    Dj , computer science student and overall technology enthusiast.

Yup ....
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

as in, once we were playing properly on both decks rather than one each, rather than dicking about before the party started I seemed to be suffering and he didn't ...