Clown DJ's - Page 3
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Clown DJ's

Tech Mentor

I can't stand the electrotastic crap that Aoki and the like produce, all pandering towards the dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowd3ontrol View Post
    I think aoki is a good producer so what if he does crazy stunts during he's shows. He actually makes music and doesn't just play random songs and jump around to it.
    Yes, he does make his own music and no, he doesn't just play random songs and jump around to it. What he does do is play his own music, and in the case of the video that is in the article, he pays less than 100% of his attention to doing something new DJ wise for the audience in favor of spraying champagne, and hitting people with cakes. While I don't support the article 100%, I will say the connection to clowns is spot on. Especially when referencing that particular "performance" by Aoki.

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    Jason & sobi, hope you get the bigger picture here.
    I totally get it. While I understand it though, I find it a bit idealistic and unrealistic. That being said, no matter how silly and unrealistic it is in my eyes, it's not my forum and I respect it.

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    Yes, he does make his own music and no, he doesn't just play random songs and jump around to it. What he does do is play his own music, and in the case of the video that is in the article, he pays less than 100% of his attention to doing something new DJ wise for the audience in favor of spraying champagne, and hitting people with cakes. While I don't support the article 100%, I will say the connection to clowns is spot on. Especially when referencing that particular "performance" by Aoki.
    I couldn't agree with you more he should be focusing most the attention on djing but he does throw one sick show I've seen him live at edc vegas last year and it was intense.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowd3ontrol View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more he should be focusing most the attention on djing but he does throw one sick show I've seen him live at edc vegas last year and it was intense.
    this. i saw aoki live about 6 months ago, and yea the dj side of me was pretty disappointed. but he still put on a great show and I had a lot of fun
    Maschine Routine with live musicians
    http://youtu.be/ubEQZSvocto
    fb: http://www.facebook.com/djizn

i havent heard many favorable things about steve aoki...i have no idea who he is or what kind of music he plays...

thank you DJ Sneak...if you need need someone to get your back...i got ya...meet you in LA...

http://www.mixmag.net/words/news/dj-...afia-dj-actors

(maybe should have started a different thread)

wait...is he the vato on the super cuts commercial?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

No need, I think we already had a thread on the subject and DJ Sneak's tweet is already mentioned in sobi's link

how the hell did i miss it?...cripes...this whole work thing gets in the way...

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast