HDJ 1000 or V-Moda Crossfader LP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default HDJ 1000 or V-Moda Crossfader LP

I've made my choice, it's either one of this two, both at my price range.

Pioneer as industry standard with the HDJ 1000's or the V-Moda crossfader LP, i'm looking on someone that has owned both or used both and could tell me which one is better.

I'm looking for good sound quality and comfort.

Well the HDJ1000s are known for poor durability and the sound is so so. Never heard the V-Modas but they look like a Cylon.

Also there is no such thing really as industry standard headphones, and the closest to any standard is HD 25s.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 05-14-2012 at 08:44 PM.

Ean rocked the Vmodas in one of the vids recently
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

V-Modas are good, I listened in an apple store in SF a year or so ago, side by side with B+W P5s and some other headphones in the $200-400 price range. They had good sound but I was far more seduced by the B+W, which seemed a lot sweeter to me, and the B+Ws had far better isolation despite not being a DJ headphone at all. V-Modas are much more of a design product than functional; I'd be wary of their durability (same with the Pios for that matter). Personally I'd take another look at the Senns or the TMAs if I were you, but it depends how much sound isolation is important to you.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Tech Wizard

The v Moda's are built like tanks. They even have a tank on the side of the box =P
    Seriously tho... No build issues with them vs pios but I havnt listened to the pios so can't compare sound
    Love my crossfades so far tho
    Last edited by JRHunter; 05-15-2012 at 10:43 PM. Reason: iPhone auto correct fail
    Traktor Kontrol S2 - Traktor Kontrol F1 - i5 iMac
    2007 MacBook - V-Moda Crossfade LP - Aiaiai TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition

I was told by a fellow dj that the Senhs HD25 were the best headphones he had ever used. Then again i've seen lots of dj's here using the v-modas. I added the HDJ-1000 to the list because it's on my price range. I can't afford anything over 200$ right now. And the V-modas are 110$.

Quote Originally Posted by JulianVeloso View Post
    I was told by a fellow dj that the Senhs HD25 were the best headphones he had ever used. Then again i've seen lots of dj's here using the v-modas. I added the HDJ-1000 to the list because it's on my price range. I can't afford anything over 200$ right now. And the V-modas are 110$.
    If you want over ear the best bet are Xone: XD-53s or HDJ-2000s. XD-53s are in your budget and make HDJ-1000s look like toys and are built like a tank. The XD2-53s are coming out soon which add a replaceable cord.

HD25s are great on ear headphones and have been around for ages. Supposedly TMA-1s are kind of like an improved, updated HD25 but I haven't heard them.

You really need to decide if you want on ear or over ear first as that narrows down your choices.

I'd be more wary of the spam. And weary of it too, for that matter.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

In a straight fight, it's the VMODAs hands down.

Here's what I thought: http://www.skratchworx.com/reviews/vmoda_crossfade.php

DJWORX
    - The very best DJ gear news, reviews and opinion

I'd go with the advice of Xonetacular and DJWORX.

And idd the HDJ1000 have durability issues, I'd try the HDJ1500s when they hit the shelves.
    (supposedly improved sound and durability, and rumor has it, the 1500s will replace the 1000s )
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast