Should I switch to a DJM900 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rotebass View Post
    Putting together a rider is like selling a vehicle, you know that the prospective buyer is going to try to talk you down so try to aim high from the start and then you'll have room to go down.

Put the A&H as your first choice, DJM900 as your second, at least then you know that you would typically get one of the two.
    Well the 92 is there, because it is in the rider. I am not thinking of switching to appease the promoter, I am only thinking of it to make things easier for me by eliminated the wires etc.

Why don't you try it on one rider and see if you like it? Go back to the 92 if you don't like it / find it more convenient.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    Why don't you try it on one rider and see if you like it? Go back to the 92 if you don't like it / find it more convenient.

Yeah... So does anyone know if I can download the software that is needed for this to work as my soundcard? And will i need some kind of template to load since at home I am using my own external mixer and Audio 8? I don't want to make more of a headache when seting up.

Thx

Tech Mentor

you'll probably just need the drivers, i think they also have the manual up for download
    http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...s/DJM-900nexus

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBlaise View Post
    Yeah... So does anyone know if I can download the software that is needed for this to work as my soundcard? And will i need some kind of template to load since at home I am using my own external mixer and Audio 8? I don't want to make more of a headache when seting up.

Thx
    http://pioneerdj.com/support/product...M-900NXS&t=111 . Is all that you need. If you are using timecode on any channel, everytime you plug in the mixer to ur laptop, the 900 set-up utility will pop up, then you would select timecode under the corresponding channels on your mixer you are running timecode thru. For example if you are timecode on channels B+C ( B would be USB 3/4 and C would USB 5/6) in the 900 setup utility under USB 3/4 input you would select timecode and either Line or CD or Phono or Digital (optical) depending on which input you physically plugged your cdj/TT into on the back of the mixer. It's not as confusing as I might make it sound, but I thought it would be important to point it out.

Here's a quick video explaining bascially what I just said.

Last edited by manchild; 05-15-2012 at 03:16 PM.

Tech Guru

Well Lance,

If you are trying to setup by the first time on a 900 alredy at the venue, try to arrive early and test your setup.
    If it goes wrong by using the USB, just get your audio 8 and start the cable and routing setup.

If you cant arrive early, just be prepared with your audio 8 and cables off your backpack if the direct usb thing doesnt work.

But the best world would be to test the setup at a friend or pay for a couple hours on a studio with the djm900 before start requesting it at the clubs.

Got it guys, thanks for the help. I don't use any time code, so just hoping that I can do a simple plugin. I will test it out before I just show up and wing it! I would always carry my audio 8 as the backup. Can I record my set like I used to? I would run an RCA out of the mixer into my Audio 8 and record that way... how would I do it with the DJM900?

If it's like every other digital mixer, you should be able to get a signal right off the soundcard, so you don't have to D/A-A/D with your RCA cords. The problem is I'm not sure how to set it up in traktor as I stopped using traktor for recording mixes a long time ago - just set up a separate recording program like Audacity (or I use SoundStudio on OS X) and tell it to record off the mix channel of the sound card. It should be obvious which channel it is but if it's not, you can experiment and see which channel is sending a signal and record that.

If that is too complicated though, yes you can definitely still record the analog signal the way you're used to doing with the Audio 8 - just direct an output of the mixer back into an input channel and record that channel.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Do it... makes it easier for you and the person playing before/after you

As long as they also don't want to use traktor though the 900.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast