CDJ option that best matches the Traktor Pro 2 software features on it mapping.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default CDJ option that best matches the Traktor Pro 2 software features on it mapping.

Hey, what's good DJTT community!! question for you? what is the best CDJ out in the market which mapping will work best with Traktor Pro 2 software. I have the S4 and a Maschine Mikro on my set up but I'm looking to branch out to build disaster recovery option for live performance gig. Plus I'm not much of a scratcher but I would love that the CDJ is as good as Turntable are at scratching goes. Please let me know what you think. Just DJing for the last 3 years.

If you're looking at Pioneer as a brand, all the new series CDJ's come with standard MIDI control in which you can map it out to your Traktor. I've used the 850, 900 and 2000 with Traktor 2 before and found they perform just as good. Personally I would recommend the CDJ-850 since it is one of the lower costing of the three. You can find different TSI (Traktor MIDI) files for the player so if your not comfortable or want to change from the default you can find what other people have mapped to it or you can do it yourself. The last CDJ is the CDJ-350, I believe it is just as MIDI capable as the rest, the only advantage to this one is that the player itself is not too much money and is relatively small if you have space issues. Other than that, I find the new Pioneer CDJ series to be a good investment for what you're looking to do.

Default Best CDJ or More compatible CDJ to use with Traktor Pro 2

Quote Originally Posted by Zanzibar View Post
    If you're looking at Pioneer as a brand, all the new series CDJ's come with standard MIDI control in which you can map it out to your Traktor. I've used the 850, 900 and 2000 with Traktor 2 before and found they perform just as good. Personally I would recommend the CDJ-850 since it is one of the lower costing of the three. You can find different TSI (Traktor MIDI) files for the player so if your not comfortable or want to change from the default you can find what other people have mapped to it or you can do it yourself. The last CDJ is the CDJ-350, I believe it is just as MIDI capable as the rest, the only advantage to this one is that the player itself is not too much money and is relatively small if you have space issues. Other than that, I find the new Pioneer CDJ series to be a good investment for what you're looking to do.

Thank you for the Reply, so with that being said which one of the few you mention have a closer feeling to a Turntable. Money is an issue but I will rather pay more and buy ones than have to buy twice. I heard some good things about the denon sc3900.Thanks

Why not go a DVS setup? Takes a lot of the stress away with setup and mappings, plus it's easily transferred over to a club environment.

I like that idea but thought that CDJ will be the next best thing since turntable were being discontinue. I actually use a S4 but I feel as if some thing other than experience is missing. I also thought that CDJ will also allow me to control some features of the software without buying more controller.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Techs turntables being discontinued doesn't mean you can grab a pair and rock them for years, either new or second hand. Replacement parts can be bought with no hassles. The term DVS applies both for vynil and cd btw.

Yeah I personally prefer control CDs to trying to use a mapping, especially if it's a CDJ2000 or something top of the line, it has most of the features you'll need, and the ones it doesn't use a mouse/X1

Anyway's 1200s are easy to find second hand, and if you don't like second hand the Stanton st150s are as good, even better in a few peoples opinions (I've never used them extensively but I know a few DJs who swear by them)

Is there a serious difference between the Tehnic 1200mk2 and the MK5. or will you go with a str8-150.

Personally I prefer the 1200s over the 150s, but that's just down to the fact I've used 1200s for years and years, the 150s have waaaay more features and a motor that's as good as the 1200 but they don't have the proven longevity yet...

The differences between the MK2s and MK5s are pretty minimal (minus the 20 odd years between release)
    The main differences off the top of my head are the power switch, 0% pitch click and the globe being replaced by an LED.... Don't quote me though, a quick Google should list off all the differences.

Thanks to all of you. I will try the turntable. Since I already use the Kontrol S4, I believe I'll get that true DJ feeling once I play around with the turntable and bring them together.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast