Budget Subwoofer For Mobile Setup
    Tech Wizard

Default Budget Subwoofer For Mobile Setup

I wasn't sure where to put this. But here it is, I'm looking to get a mobile sub this summer, and I'm on a budget, looking to spend around 500 bucks ish. I was also thinking of building a sub box and all, since I build them for sub in my cars, and friend's cars. And I've seen good deals on Crown and QSC amps on ebay and some local places. I was thinking if I build it to do a 15 inch woofer at around 800 watts. I want to use it in medium ish basments, and rooms. Do you guys have have any suggestions on this?
    thanks.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Eljosh View Post
    I wasn't sure where to put this. But here it is, I'm looking to get a mobile sub this summer, and I'm on a budget, looking to spend around 500 bucks ish. I was also thinking of building a sub box and all, since I build them for sub in my cars, and friend's cars. And I've seen good deals on Crown and QSC amps on ebay and some local places. I was thinking if I build it to do a 15 inch woofer at around 800 watts. I want to use it in medium ish basments, and rooms. Do you guys have have any suggestions on this?
    thanks.
    Where are you located?

http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHB1500DPRO

Or for a bit more...

http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHB1800DPRO

Tech Wizard

In georgia, and how are the Behringer on sound quality? I heard they weren't the best.

In georgia, and how are the Behringer on sound quality? I heard they weren't the best.
    I have the Eurolive 1500D Pro and as far as sound quality goes, its more definitely does more than just *THUMP*... It really thickens up the sound on my two PA's and i'm quite proud of it at house parties to be honest. And i normally hide it under a table cloth so people don't even know where the low end is coming from. Its pretty legit for the $$$
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

Tech Mentor

It sounds about as good as you would expect a sub $1000 powered subwoofer to sound. Good bang for the buck, imo.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Louie_V View Post
    just get a pv-118d (imho)
    If it sounds like the passive version does, then hell no.

Tech Wizard

Thanks guys, I'll check out the Behringer at my local Guitar Center. And thanks louie, but I'll pass on the Peavy, I can made one better for that price with an QSC amp.

Tech Wizard

Does anyone know how the Harbinger HP118S compares to the Behringer? They got them both at my local guitar center, but they were working on the sound system so I couldn't listen to it. But I would like to how real world experience of it.
    Thanks