Twitch -> ?

Thread: Twitch -> ?

Default Twitch -> ?

About six months ago, I stumbled upon a *very* good offer for a Novation Twitch. I wanted to get into DJ'ing (I've been producing for a long time now), but wasn't comfortable jumping into very expensive gear straight away.

I learned Serato Itch very, very quickly, and while I love it, I'm now *very* bored of the effects and after playing with Traktor and seeing the promos for the upcoming release of Traktor 2.5 with 4x4 sample decks, I know that is what I would love.

Now, I've tried Traktor with the Twitch mapping, and it's manageable but not great... I like using quite a few effects, and it seems difficult to switch effects quickly with it's layout. Also, I want to have pitch changing/keylock on the controller...

I also tried a custom Twitch mapping (it had what seemed to be an attempt at matching Itch's loop roll), but I haven't figured it out.

My overall question is - if I want to DJ using two tracks and two sample decks (Traktor 2.5), and have fantastic control over all four effects units (and the three parameters in each), what would you guys suggest? Should I buy a different controller? I also have a Launchpad lying around, I know there are some mappings for that but I haven't tried that yet..

Thank you for the help, I know it's a lot to consider...

The NI Kontrol F1 looks interesting, but could I make the launchpad have the same functionality?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

The new Remix Decks would have limited MIDI capabilities on it's release. The date of NI opening this to non F1 owners is uncertain.
    Last edited by padi_04; 05-16-2012 at 05:44 AM. Reason: fixed in shame

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    The new Remix Decks would have limited MIDI capabilities on it's release. The date of NI opening this to non F1 owners is uncertain.
    Fixed
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

damn it