sending Traktor fx to external mixer channel
    Tech Wizard

Default sending Traktor fx to external mixer channel

I'm trying to send Traktor's fully wet effects signal out of my Audio 10 into a blank channel on my mixer, but for the life of me can't figure out how to do it.

Effects are set to 'send'. I can't get this signal to come out of any of my sound card channels. Halp! What am I missing?

What's happening in your input/output settings? You should be able to choose which channel is send and return.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Tech Wizard

i've tried setting 'Output FX Return' to Deck D in the preferences, then routed the output of Deck D to the input of channel 4 on my mixer. No sound comes out.

I normally have both 'Output FX Return' and 'Input FX Send' set to Main L/R in the preferences, and have the Main output connected to the mixer's channel 4 input, and Main input connected to the mixer's master output. This gives me the fully wet + dry signal on channel 4, which causes extreme phasing in the master signal. I just want the effects send only on channel 4 without the original signal mixed in.

Tech Wizard

I'm sure there is something simple I'm not getting. Unfortunately the Traktor manual doesn't really explain this setup too well, and I can't find anything else on the web.

Can someone who has this working tell me how they have theirs setup?

sesshin's external mixer situation in this old thread perfectly describes my predicament. I can't quite seem to configure Traktor the way I need.

If I want the effect output of ANY "send" channel to be routed to track 1 on my DJM 900 (USB), how would I configure Traktor? Is this even possible?

I'm theorizing that I'd need to kill the effect after lowering the fader of the source signal since Traktor wouldn't know when I lower the faders on the external mixer. But still, this seems like perhaps a better solution than using the gater to "simulate" the cutting of the channel and setting up a bunch of elaborate bindings...

Cheers !

Adam