Audio 8 Soundcard + Ableton Live Issue
    Tech Student

Default Audio 8 Soundcard + Ableton Live Issue

Okay so I have an Audio 8 that I use as an external soundcard to run audio for all aspects of my laptop. I have only been using the MME/DirectX driver to produce music in Ableton which has been fine because I am able to adjust the output volume via the computers volume mixer.

I've read that it's best to use ASIO drivers so when I switched to the ASIO driver for the Audio 8, playback is dramatically louder and there is no way to change this to my knowledge without adjusting the master in ableton which I really don't wanna do.

If anyone knows a way around this I would greatly appreciate any feedback!

H.

I use the Audio 4 with Ableton and have the same thing happening. The Audio 2/4/8 disable the volume slider on your computer so the only way to adjust the volume is through the output source (your monitor speakers).

Cheers

Tech Student

I use a pair of Rokit 5's. The volume knobs are turned all the way down & I still get output. When not in ableton the sound mixer on my computer is at nice listening level and the gauge is always above halfway and sometimes all the way (pretty loud but still clean).

I am guessing there is no solution to this?

Yes, there is a solution, it is called a "mixer" or a "mixing console". As a DJ product, the Audio X DJ cards are designed to give proper levels for a DJ mixer, not for studio monitors. There are some other ways - I think TC Electronics had a piece of hardware, just one big knob, with in and out, just for volume. You may check it out.