Saved beatgrid/cues from one pc to another?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Saved beatgrid/cues from one pc to another?

I was wondering if it was possible to take all of my beatgrids and cues on my desktop pc and put them on a laptop in Traktor pro so I dont have to do it all over again?

Sorry if this is an easy question im a noob.

I believe so. I've done it. You're basically making copies of the files and I believe the grids and cues are tagged as part of the file so that Traktor can read them.

(naturally back the files up to make sure)
    http://soundcloud.com/rvltion909

...chasing beats through ghetto streets...

Tech Wizard

Yup as far as I have experienced (have loaded Traktor on a Vista, XP, Windows 7 and OS X machine) the mp3's themselves retain the information about cuepoints, beatgrids etc.
    In all cases the only common data was my repository of mp3s, so it couldn't have been anything other than the mp3 files themselves keeping all the Traktor information.

Tech Wizard

what about wav's that don't support tags , do you need to copy some of the tracktor setup files then?

I believe that if you can copy the stripes data to the other computer, along with the collection data from the traktor pro folder, it should copy everything over. I have not tested this however. MP3's have the info stored in an unused container inside of the MP3 tag itself, but wav's don't have the tag, so you would have to experiment with the stripes and collection data.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Tech Wizard

Thanks, the reason i ask is because I cant afford to buy a laptop so im gonna have to borrow one when im playing anywhere besides my own home.

Does anyone have documentation how Traktor Pro saves all this in an MP3? I've looked at the ID3 tags but couldn't find anything

Aren't cue points also stored in the traktor playlist?
    So if you export the playlist, you'll maybe get the cue points with it.

Tech Wizard

Traktor Pro saves all the information: bpm, cue points, grids, cover arts in ID3 Tag; it does it automatically, and there is no function to turn it off. Therefore when you copy your files from a computer to another all this data is preserved.

The problem I had was how to also transfer playlists and Traktor Pro settings from one computer to another. Fortunately, TP uses a "portable root folder". This means you simply copy the Traktor folder on the new system (by default it is in your user folder i think), and on the new system you tell TP where the root folder is (Settings --> Data Location --> Root Folder).

This way you have everything preserved: cue points, grids, cover arts, playlists, settings, all of them.

I tried this from PC to PC and also from PC to MAC and it works very well.

Tech Wizard

not directly related, but i'm sure on my old computer TSP tried to set a beatgrid whenever I analysed a new track, now it's just marking the high points but not setting the grid marker. I imported all the settings and I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.
    sure it only takes a few moments on most tracks, but with the auto-grid it was that bit faster to do on the fly.
    Anyone know where I can find that setting?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast