denon sc 3900 and traktor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default denon sc 3900 and traktor

Hi, i need your help. Just bought 2 3900's to go with my xone 4d. Can't get the decks to play or scratch. All other midi commands work.

I've been djing for years but am new to digital. Any help is greatly appreciated

Thx KB

Tech Guru

Are you using Traktor Scratch Pro or Traktor Scratch Duo? Regular Traktor Pro or Traktor Duo or Traktor LE doesnt work w/ timecode.

Tech Convert

Hi Manchild, I'm using TSP2, Asus Laptop, Xone 4D and 2 SC3900's

Tech Guru

Ok good. First make sure each deck in Traktor you plan to control w/ the SC3900 has "scratch control" selected. You can do this by clicking on the big deck letter (A,B,C,D) on the upper right hand corner of each track deck, and then selecting from the drop down menu "scratch control". Then turn on your SC3900, hold the "memo/util" button untill the setting utility screen pops up on the SC3900. Using the flashing blue encoder, scroll thru the lsetting utility list untill you see "preset settings", and select that pushing down on the flashing blue encoder. Next, scroll thru that list untill you see "hybrid MIDI Freq", and then select that. Next, scroll thru that list untill you see 2.5KHz, and then select that. Next press the "MIDI" button located all the way on the top of the player. Then using the flashing blue encoder scroll thru and select Hybrid. If your connections and routing are set-up properly then you should now be able to control the track decks in Traktor.

Tech Convert

Hey, I did all those things - that's why I'm reaching out, nothing seems to be working. Do I need to connect anything else to the mixer besides the rca cables?

Tech Guru

Thats all the cables you would need to connect from the 4D to the SC3900's (RCA's to Line IN on the mixer). The 4D obviously needs to be plugged into your laptop w/ a USB. Have you had a chance to use the 4D w/ timecode in Traktor yet? I'm thinking that you might have an issue w/ ur input/output routing settings in Traktor.

Tech Convert

I use inputs 2 and 3 on the mixer for decks A and B 1 and 4 for C and D. The routing on the mixer is set up accordingly. I've only used time code with the 4D once, a couple of years ago, but that was with a turntable. I had read somewhere that you can control 2 decks in traktor with one player. It worked, but that was the only time I used time code.

Tech Guru

I'm not familiar w/ the 4D, so I dont know if there is anything else on the mixer you need to do besides that, but that seems alright to me. I would check your Input/Output routing settings in Traktor then. You can post a screenshot if you need help setting that up, and I'll try to guide you thru that if need be.

Tech Convert

What brand of mixer are you using? Is there any special connections that need to be made with yours?

Tech Guru

I have a couple different mixers, but the only mixer I own w/ a built in Traktor Scratch certified soundcard like your 4D is my Pioneer DJM 900 (unless you count my S4 too but whatever). Anyways, with my 900, there is setupo utility that pops up when you plug it in to the laptop, and to run timecode thru the 900's soundcard you need to adjust some setting in the utility. A lot of people have issues at 1st cause they dont know how to use the setting utility. Back on topic, I've never set-up timecode thru a 4d. If I were you, I would check your input/output routing in Traktor, and like I said before, if you are confused about how it should be, just post a couple screen shots and I can help you out from there. If you have Skype, I dont mind doing a quick Skype session to help you out, and I'm sure we could get you up and running a lot quicker than posting on the forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast