2 week wait for Rane Empath Rotary. Buy something else?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default 2 week wait for Rane Empath Rotary. Buy something else?

So i've sold my djm800 and was all set on getting a Rane Empath Rotary:

MIRANE0004-810b1d6.jpg

And despite the decks.co.uk website saying it ships within 3 days, when i phone em they say it'll be 2 weeks as they need to ship from US.

Now i can wait two weeks, I got an s2 that'll tide me over, but i've sort of got cold feet. Like dunno if i'm maybe buying old tech... though that's also kind of what i like about it.

I was thinking alternatives... even xone 92 rotary but i just hear a lot of greif about a+h gear - especially China made etc. I've used em at clubs and do like them but dunno.

Any other mixers i should be thinking about?

I like the Empath cause of the send / return on each channel. Gonna want add hardware fx... either a filter or possibly a rmx-1000

Any thoughts?

Wait or get something else?
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

No hands on experience with the Empath but I know it's build rock solid & sounds dito.
    Personally I'm not a fan of 3 channel mixers (after owning one) and prefer the 2 and 4 channel layout.

I do own a 92r and I can tell you that build quality is great (on my unit & units I used).

It's a great mixer but not so great with EFX or RMX hardware, the integrated filter (HP, LP & BP) is the best you will find.
    Last edited by JohnnyDrama; 05-18-2012 at 06:50 PM.
    If they don’t want to see the light…..just make them feel the beat…..

I am a former 92R owner and it was pretty awesome. Built like a tank- I have no experience with china xones since everything I've owned has been UK made. You can get a cheap UK 92R for like $750 on ebay.

Nothing dated about the Empath- if it's what you want it's what you want and you should wait since you don't want to regret not buying it. I just like full meters on each channel though and love the xone filters. The 92 can run external FX just fine it's just a different type of routing and more like a studio mixer with return channels- which might be a little weird if you're not used to it.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 05-18-2012 at 06:55 PM.

Tech Mentor

Always the Rane MP 2016. That mixer is a rock.

I've recently fallen back in love with my Empath.

Still kind of wish I got a rotary, a 92 is my only other choice.
    If you're getting a 92 or empath with an RMX1000 on top why not just get a DJM900?

Quote Originally Posted by GrimFandango View Post
    I've recently fallen back in love with my Empath.

Still kind of wish I got a rotary, a 92 is my only other choice.
    If you're getting a 92 or empath with an RMX1000 on top why not just get a DJM900?
    Want a rotary really and DJM900 doesn't come in rotary, otherwise i might well have done. Thinking Xone 92R now, though I found a good deal on a 2nd hand 92 line fader.

As much as i like the feel of rotary i do also like a line fader.

I'm a little stumped.
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

The Xone 92r does not work well with the RMX1000 - EFX1000 - EFX 500 - ....
    Maybe a DJM800 with rotary kit could be an option and you could switch back to line faders if rotary is not your thing.

Not a fan of the DJM-series but for your needs it seems the best option.
    If they don’t want to see the light…..just make them feel the beat…..

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDrama View Post
    The Xone 92r does not work well with the RMX1000 - EFX1000 - EFX 500 - ....
    Maybe a DJM800 with rotary kit could be an option and you could switch back to line faders if rotary is not your thing.

Not a fan of the DJM-series but for your needs it seems the best option.
    I just sold my DJM 800

The RMX1000 is not a deal breaker. I just fancied a change and had my heart set on the Empath Rotary, which would have worked very well with the external fx... but now faced with the decision to pull the trigger, partly cause it's a 2 week wait on the Empath i'm considering options.

Why do you think the xone92 wont work well with the RMX?

I have to say from my giging and being digital dj. The first mixer I used/ giged with was a rane empath. my favorite mixer of all time except the xone. Just love the filters. Alot of guys swear by the 92. Not sure if its rotary or not.

But yeah solid mixer. What the big difference between rotary and line fader anyways
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

Well rotary knobs just have a nice old skool feel for mixing... Cant find any brilliant examples but this is sort of the vibe

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast