Buying fans on facebook, twitter, soundcloud????
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Buying fans on facebook, twitter, soundcloud????

Hey guys, received an email last night in my soundcloud from a company that advertises selling "fans" for all your social media services. They said that they could help me expand my fan base.

They advertised that you can literally buy "fans" from them for facebook, soundcloud, twitter, mixcloud etc.

Have you heard about this before? I always thought that quality > quantity was better. Whats the use of having a huge fan base, but that don't actually do anything for you? How would buying these fans for your social media sites help you improve, and get more recognized? This site seems like spam but they look legit. how do they do it?

What are your thoughts on this?
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Had a few similar emails, and I totally agree that quality is infinitely preferable to quanity ... what's the point of having a load of bot accounts as followers that never interact with you?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

If you have to pay for them are they really fans? The way it should work is you start out and have 4 fans, your're best friend, you're girlfriend, a spammer and your mother. Over time as you put more stuff out there and you slowly add fans. Over that same time you keep doing what you're doing getting better. Because you're getting better you get more fans. You don't get better overnight because you bought 500 fans.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I was having this discussion with somebody the other day, we came to the conclusion that the main advantage is the old 'Bullsh*t baffles brains'. If a club owner goes to your facebook/soundcloud/twitter account and see's you have 4000 fans, they may be more likely to take you seriously than somebody who has 30 real fans, also, doing quite a bit of research into the subject, 'likes' attract more 'likes'. It's human nature to want to keep up with the jones' and not want to miss out on things. My day job is selling solar panels so the standard pitch is your neighbours are doing it, people then think oh no I don't want to miss out!

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

i'd rather have 870 FB and 230 SC fans that at least 90% started following me without spamming the shit out of them

To OT, the only benefit I see if they aren't active (or even real) people is for guys who get asked to have X facebook followers to get a gig. If that is the primary condition I personally tend to avoid those places.

Very legit answers and I agree. I'm quite happy with my 500+ fans cos I know that they liked my page cos they want to, not some bot boosting up your fan base.

Here is the site btw.....

http://www.socialmediacreativity.net/

What you think?
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

it would be a fun experiment to see if it actually works. Just make a fake "DJ" persona for your area, put together a cheap press kit and then start sending it off to promoters and club owners/managers and see what happens

Most of my fans on my FB page are my friends in real life but only 10% of them interact with my posts anyways.

it's no coincidence that these days google cares much more about social media when ranking web pages before there were companies selling backlinks to help your site/page rank better and now there's also people selling fake "social media" interaction...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    it's no coincidence that these days google cares much more about social media when ranking web pages before there were companies selling backlinks to help your site/page rank better and now there's also people selling fake "social media" interaction...
    very true, more likes = higher up in the google foodchain..

however, much better to have high quality output and be more elusive on the internet these days IMO - then people come to you for what you're doing, not because of the top40 music mentality (which i boldly assume no-one here is particularly interested in)

i find it quite depressing when i stumble across dj's in my town who i've never heard of or about - who have their own website with a long bio written in the third person (all about how they grew up listening to their mum's jazz collection, and played the west indian nose flute as a child) - when in fact, they've played a couple of houseys, a school disco, and a few opening slots in terrible clubs. they're often the kind of people who have 5000 likes on facebook, and their own 'record label' and pr company (all of which have their own facebook pages)

Quality, over quantity. (then quantity should ensue as a natural result)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast