Looped & One shot sample switch
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Default Blinking LED - Novation Launchpad?

    Hey guys,

    I'm looking for the code to let LED's blink on my Launchpad.
    Can someone help me with this?

    Thanks In Advance

    Cheers!
    Last edited by WastedYouth; 05-19-2012 at 08:38 AM.

  2. #2

    Default

    Hi,

    What software are you using with the Launchpad and exactly are you trying to do? Please give as much information as you can.

    Best regards,

    Alex Lucas // Novation Technical Support
    www.novationmusic.com

  3. #3
    Tech Guru sarasin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    5,082

    Default

    DAMMMMN!

    Technical Support right on DJTT.

    Now THAT is TIT.



    Nice one Alex!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

  4. #4
    Tech Guru zestoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK, Ukraine, Romania
    Posts
    2,860

    Default

    you need to configure the launchpad to enable it's internal bank switching - else a "flashing" colour will just show the same as a solid one (one with the copy bit set) so send (via an out in traktor or something) CC000 on channel 1 with a value of 40 (0x28) to the launchpad. this only needs doing one time (unless you reset the launchpad or do some manual buffer switching via other CC's)

    then you can just select colours the same as normal on the launchpad but subtract 4 from the value, which removes the copy bit and so only writes the colour to one internal launchpad buffer so that when it flips buffers it flashes

    i.e: solid "hi red" is 7 so send it a value of 3 to make it a "flashing red"

    all the sensible colour definitions i worked out (and other midi info) are here: http://midimasher.djism.com/lua/lib/launchpad.lua

    the launchpad midi spec is pretty awesome tbh the only gotchas are that in flashing mode you really need to send a value of 4 to an led to turn it off instead of just 0 else it will turn a solid colour into a flashing one.

    edit: i also use some flashing colours in my latest launchpad mapping for mixxx: http://djism.com/mixxx/Novation-Launchpad-scripts.js

    actually the gotcha is quite a pain as 99.9% of the time that you send 0 to a launchpad led you just want it to turn off. would be cool if the launchpad handled it like that...
    Last edited by zestoi; 05-23-2012 at 07:27 AM. Reason: link + gotcha
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    you need to configure the launchpad to enable it's internal bank switching - else a "flashing" colour will just show the same as a solid one (one with the copy bit set) so send (via an out in traktor or something) CC000 on channel 1 with a value of 40 (0x28) to the launchpad. this only needs doing one time (unless you reset the launchpad or do some manual buffer switching via other CC's)

    then you can just select colours the same as normal on the launchpad but subtract 4 from the value, which removes the copy bit and so only writes the colour to one internal launchpad buffer so that when it flips buffers it flashes

    i.e: solid "hi red" is 7 so send it a value of 3 to make it a "flashing red"

    all the sensible colour definitions i worked out (and other midi info) are here: http://midimasher.djism.com/lua/lib/launchpad.lua

    the launchpad midi spec is pretty awesome tbh the only gotchas are that in flashing mode you really need to send a value of 4 to an led to turn it off instead of just 0 else it will turn a solid colour into a flashing one.

    edit: i also use some flashing colours in my latest launchpad mapping for mixxx: http://djism.com/mixxx/Novation-Launchpad-scripts.js

    actually the gotcha is quite a pain as 99.9% of the time that you send 0 to a launchpad led you just want it to turn off. would be cool if the launchpad handled it like that...
    Man thank you very much
    I understand it all but this one:

    so send (via an out in traktor or something) CC000 on channel 1 with a value of 40 (0x28) to the launchpad

    Channel 1 ?
    What do i needto send? What command? (Like: Deck play or...)

    Thanks!
    Last edited by WastedYouth; 05-23-2012 at 10:00 AM.

  6. #6
    Tech Guru zestoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK, Ukraine, Romania
    Posts
    2,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WastedYouth View Post
    Man thank you very much
    I understand it all but this one:

    so send (via an out in traktor or something) CC000 on channel 1 with a value of 40 (0x28) to the launchpad

    Channel 1 ?

    Thanks!
    by default flashing colours won't actually flash so that feature needs enabling.

    the actual midi data that you need to send is 0xb0, 0x0, 0x28 which equates to CC 0 with a value of 40 on midi channel 1. in traktor speak that would be Ch01 > CC > 000 which it will then display as "Ch01.CC.000"

    you then need to find some 'out' (if using traktor) that you can trigger and set the midi range max to 40 so that it sends out the right value.

    i haven't tried to do anything like that just via traktor or ableton tho - i'm always using either midimasher or mixxx - both which can be scripted to send that out.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alexl_novation View Post
    Hi,

    What software are you using with the Launchpad and exactly are you trying to do? Please give as much information as you can.

    Best regards,

    Alex Lucas // Novation Technical Support
    www.novationmusic.com
    Hi mate,

    I installed the CD that was given with the Launchpad itself. (I think the USB driver?)

    I'm trying to get this:



    See the buttons flash? That's exactly what i'm trying to do, to get some more visual feedback.

    Thanks!

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    by default flashing colours won't actually flash so that feature needs enabling.

    the actual midi data that you need to send is 0xb0, 0x0, 0x28 which equates to CC 0 with a value of 40 on midi channel 1. in traktor speak that would be Ch01 > CC > 000 which it will then display as "Ch01.CC.000"

    you then need to find some 'out' (if using traktor) that you can trigger and set the midi range max to 40 so that it sends out the right value.

    i haven't tried to do anything like that just via traktor or ableton tho - i'm always using either midimasher or mixxx - both which can be scripted to send that out.
    K found it, BIG thanks to you my friend, big thanks.
    Altough I don't know how to let a LED flash from zero to green?

    e: found it all, thank you!
    Last edited by WastedYouth; 05-23-2012 at 05:25 PM.

  9. #9

    Default

    Hi,

    I'm pleased to hear that you managed to find a solution. Sorry that I was not able to post back sooner.

    Best regards,
    Alex // Novation Technical Support
    www.novationmusic.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •