best DJ headphones 2012 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Convert

I think the noise cancelling is the best part, go to even the noisiest place and you can still hear your music.

God tier:
    Any custom IEM (expect these to be $750+)
    Pioneer HDJ2000
    Sennheiser HD25

High tier:
    AiAiAi TMA-1
    Sony V6/MDR-V7506
    Sennheiser HD25SP
    Technics RP-DJ1200

Mid tier:
    AKG K518 in all colors
    Sony XB500
    Pioneer HDJ500

Shit tier:
    All Skullcandy (style over performance)
    All Monster (price performance ratio is extremely shitty with these)

Haven't included prices since they differ too much to be added.
    Midi Fighter|Kontrol X1|A4DJ|HDJ2000|MBP 13" 2,53Ghz 60GB SSD/500GB HDD

Quote Originally Posted by faderswagger View Post
    Google it, literally the first result is a page of different models of Beats by Dr. Dre
    As expected TBH.
    13" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: Traktor S4 + F1 + Pro 2 :: Allen & Heath DB4 :: Allen & Heath K2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Midi Fighter Pro (BM) :: Midi Fighter 3D :: Pioneer RMX1000 :: DJM800 :: 2 xCDJ1000mk3 :: Beats Pro + Beats Studio

Tech Mentor

Beyer DT1350 FTW a close second Sennheiser HD 25II

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin V View Post
    Dude for decent headphones at that price point I'd recommend you to get a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500's. You can pick them up for less than $100 these days and they come in 3 cool colors. Good buld quality, great sound, and they look good too.

I have these as well.

They fit well and I love the sound they pack.
    One bad thing is the build quality of the headband, which can break easily when overstretching.

If it wasn't for the great deal for an HDJ2000, I would still be using this for my DJsets.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

i had a pair of white hdj-500s. they were pretty good sound quality wise, but i agree with what tekki says. Once overstretched they fractured at points and eventually broke when a car wash employee was stuffing them into the rear pocker behind my drivers car seat. luckily the car wash replaced them for free and Pioneer replaced them for they were still under warranty!! sold one pair to a buddy and one back Guitar Center and ordered the new HDJ-2000-K model, for $235 so only a net cost of $50 on my end after hocking the replacements. not a bad situation other than being without headphones for 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin V View Post
    Dude for decent headphones at that price point I'd recommend you to get a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500's. You can pick them up for less than $100 these days and they come in 3 cool colors. Good buld quality, great sound, and they look good too.

DO NOT get these. My second pair in 8 months have just had the head band break! They have a serious weak point in one of the head band joints. I'm just deciding which to buy next.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Tech Convert

Great thread. I was about to post one of these earlier.

What do you guys prefer, over-ear or monitor buds (ex: shure)?

Quote Originally Posted by kooper1980 View Post
    DO NOT get these. My second pair in 8 months have just had the head band break! They have a serious weak point in one of the head band joints. I'm just deciding which to buy next.
    I've had a set for nearly a year and been dragging them in and out of clubs a multiple times every weekend and mine haven't broke at all (actually the Pioneer logo on the top of the headband has scratched off, but that's no biggy)

Yeah they're fragile and not as indestructible and fixable as say HD25s, but for the prices a great set of headphones.

If you look after your shit they shouldn't break.

That said, if money isn't an issue, and it was when I got these, when/if they do break I'll be upgrading to HD25s or the AIAIAIs

Quote Originally Posted by faderswagger View Post
    Google it, literally the first result is a page of different models of Beats by Dr. Dre

Help me out? I'm looking for nice cozy swivel headphones for under/around $100. Bonus points for bright colors.
    Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone. It only costs $89. Very affordable and it is specially made for DJs. It's a simple, common black headphones but it will give you the best audio quality. I guarantee that it is one of the best dj headphones.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12