s4 Overcurrent on mac?

Default s4 Overcurrent on mac?

Hey guys

im new the this forum and am in need of your help. i plugged my traktor into my laptop the other day and a error message came up saying usb over current port with be deactivated. so i went and bought a new usb cable incase that was the problem. the same thing happens. i dont know if i should pull apart the s4 and start fault finding for a short or open circuit or fried component, or if its the usb ports on my macbook. if any one else has had this problem and over come it i would love to know about it

sorry about the rant.

Cheers

Chad

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Are you using the AC adapter as well?

it'll probably be because the usb connector is loose, i had the same issue, fixed it by sticking a small piece of cardboard between the 4 pins inside the s4 connector and then plugged the cable back in and it held strong, i feel like this happens coz the pins just get a little loose or something and if they touch each other with the cable plugged in then it kinda shorts it or something

i am using the ac adaptor aswell. but without plugging that in and just plugging the controller in it is coming up with the overcurrent warning. i had a look at the four pins on the controller and they are not touching on visual inspection. i dont know if it would be recommended that i open the controller up and have a geez on the inside

trust me i was literally in the same position as you and i realized that it was because when i pushed my cable in they would all touch because there's nothing grounding it (which is what the orange thing at the back does)

try the cardboard trick, if it doesn't work then back to the drawing board

just make sure you put 2 thin pieces of cardboard in between the 4 pins horizontally so that they're constantly separate

you my friend are a legend !!!

glad it wirked bud