Need some Dj Setup advice!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Need some Dj Setup advice!

Hey guys!

Ive been roaming this forum and decided to join the djtt community!

Ive been DJing since i was 14 but ive finally decided to take it seriously at the age of 17

But i have a little problem

My Current Setup consists of:
    2 Technics 1200 Mk2's
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2
    Native Instruments Audio 6
    Beats By Dre Solo HD's

What im wondering is if i should sell my current setup for another pair of cdjs and get a mixer (Yes, ive owned 2 CDJ 800 mk2s before my techs)

Or should i go into the controllerism route? Maybe 2 Midi Fighter 3d's and a Xone Series mixer?

Or should i keep my current setup and buy a decent mixer?

Any help would be appreciated

(Previous setups @ Age 14: Hercules Mp3 E2 With Audio 2)
    @ Age 15: Hercules mp3 e2, audio 2, Mpk Mini)
    @ Age 16: Stanton T62's and all of the above)
    @ Age 17: Stantons t62s/Pioneer DDJ-T1/Cdj 800 Mk2's)

-Aaron
    Last edited by aarondavid; 05-20-2012 at 12:42 PM.

How should we know? You can DJ fine with any of the above, so the rest of it is down to personal preference really. We don't know you, or what you like, or what you want to do; you haven't told us.
    You should definitely get a mixer though if you haven't already got one.

So basically: work out what you want to do, then work out the best tools to use. Welcome to the forum.
    Last edited by lethal_pizzle; 05-20-2012 at 01:56 PM.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Wizard

mixer

Go for a decent 4 channel mixer & add the cdj's later (if you still feel the need) +X1.
    You wont regret your update !

Ps. trade those cans for something made for dj'ng !
    If they don’t want to see the light…..just make them feel the beat…..

Tech Mentor

Thanks for all the replys! Im considering keeping my techs and getting a behringer nox 404 or a vestax mixer? Then mYbe sell my beats by dre and snag a pair of ath m50s.

As for a little bit about me... Im more of a party dj, strting to get gigs alittle at a time, main music playlist is electro, house, dubstep, and the top hits from the 50s to the present

Tech Guru

If I was you I would save my money for a mixer. I mean, do you really need the CDJ's? I'm not sure they would be worth the money right now for you (assuming since you are young, you dnt have a lot of $ to play with). I also wouldnt spend any money on headphones untill I bought a mixer. If the headphones are working for you, then a better set of headphones arent gonna help you beatmatch or set levels/EQ any better anyways.

Tech Mentor

Well the only problem is figuring out what setup im going with...i have the money (since i do work) to afford a decent mixer such as a behringer nox series, a ddm 4000 ir something like a rane empath, ttm56 or 57 but i cant figure out what i wanna do.

I think i might get a mixer and stick with the techs and timecode setup

What mixer do u guys recommend?

Get an s4 man instead of the cdjs you can use 4 channels 2 with your technics and 2 with your s4 the technics as live inputs in your s4 if you selling the technics let me know im trying to make that exact same setup

Tech Guru

Well if you plan on making it into bigger clubs someday it may be usefull to buy the same mixer you would see at a proffesional level. In the US that would be Pioneer 800/900 or Rane 57/62. Other than that, suggesting a good mixer for you would be as hard as me suggesting a good car for you to buy. Their are a lot of good ones out there, but one may suit you better than another. Maybe you have a Guitar Center or some other type of sound gear shop around you, where you can test a couple different mixers out and get a better idea of what you want. Do some homework, because in the end, no matter what we suggest you to buy, you are the one that has to live with the purchase.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Machete View Post
    Get an s4 man instead of the cdjs you can use 4 channels 2 with your technics and 2 with your s4 the technics as live inputs in your s4 if you selling the technics let me know im trying to make that exact same setup
    Second that, then you can play records, timecode or just bring the S4 and your laptop to a house party if you don't want to lug around the 1200's.
    13" Core I7 MBP - Kontrol S4 - Midi Fighter - RP-DJ1200 - BX8a

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast