Need some Dj Setup advice! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Mentor

Manchild, it is very true about what you said, im considering calling up a couple nearby clubs to see what they are running.

As for the S4...i was debating on getting an S4 and using it as a mixer, but if i did then i would just sell my techs and go full controllerism setup

I just love technics the feeling of the vinyl and my s4 I dont need more than that jajajaja

Tech Mentor

Haha! Perfect!

I was just wondering... What if i went for a mix between controllerism and turtable setup?

Maybe have a setup thats like: (One Turntable) + (Mixer) + (Midi Fighter/Kontrol X1) + (Audio 6) = (Laptop)

Would that work?

Like i would use the turntable to cue up tracks and do alittle scratching, but then i can switch between what deck the turntable controls?

Tech Mentor

A mixer is a must. Don't buy Behringer. The gear is cheap and nasty shit. Save your cash for something you'll love and keep (Rane, Ecler or A&H) secondhand even.You don't really need a mixer with FX as you have a DVS system. CDJ's (which I hate) can come later on. A mixer is what you really need IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by aarondavid View Post
    Haha! Perfect!

I was just wondering... What if i went for a mix between controllerism and turtable setup?

Maybe have a setup thats like: (One Turntable) + (Mixer) + (Midi Fighter/Kontrol X1) + (Audio 6) = (Laptop)

Would that work?

Like i would use the turntable to cue up tracks and do alittle scratching, but then i can switch between what deck the turntable controls?
    That will do the job but get a good mixer from time to time I can play with this guy

http://turntablism.com.au/images/ttm56.jpg

a really good mixer for my taste and like aarondavid says you dont need fx thats why ou have you X1

Dont buy cdjs I hate cdjs the jogwheel feels cheaper than my tobacco
    I love vynil <3
    Last edited by Machete; 05-22-2012 at 02:41 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12