What genre do you spinn and on what
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What genre do you spinn and on what

So, i've been craving for a pair of technics, because i spin hip hop but also love edm. I don't see ANYONE that spin Edm on turntables I see edm has cdj, or a controller. Most people that i see
    spin dubstep at bars etc.. normally only have a controller.
    And i see most hip/hop rap use turntables.

So, What type of music do you play and what do you use?

Tech Guru

A little bit of hip-hop, pop, house, electro, reggae on turntables and CDJ's most of the time and I'll occasionally use my S4 controller.

Tech Mentor

I've spun edm on technics before...I spin edm and hip-hop and I just got a pair of mk2's. I've also had a Kontrol S2 and a pair of Numark CD players too though. I've definitely seen others use tables for house though.

Tech Mentor

Techno, Tech House (dirtybird kind of stuff), with some Electro House and Top 40 thrown in, I just use my S2 that I got when I first started.

I spin UK Hardcore, Happy Hardcore, Hard Trance, and mainly Dubstep. I can throw down on anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

House and Techno, I use Traktor with 2 1210s, a shitty numark mixer and an X1, but i can use anything really.

Shit loads of people still you turntables for electronic music, myself included (I refuse to use the term EDM).

It makes no difference at all. Unless your scratching use whatever you prefer.

1200s for Gabber, and just about everything else I play. CDJs when in the clubs and no techs avail.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

bootlegs/bastard pop on the S2.

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Currently using a VCM 600 and Custom Midi Fighter... still need to do more mapping on the VCM though.
    Mainly Drum & Bass but also Deep Dubstep and a variety of other things I like such as Tech House, Deep House, Ambient... hell if it's in my library, I might play it.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast