Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: MWagner's Setup

How are you using the Mikro?
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

Quote Originally Posted by DarioJ View Post
    How are you using the Mikro?
    I use it for pretty much everything.

I'm still learning the maschine software, but i also use it as a drum pad for ableton and I have my own mapping i use in traktor. I prefer the encoder on it to the ones on the twitch, so I use it to browse and control the master tempo. I also use it to control the loop recorder with the transport section and then use the pads for hot cues on deck c and d, as well as eq kills, gain controls, and some fx stuff that's really a work in progress.

Its also my stress reliever when watching sports. My girlfriend and I will sit there during tense games and while she knits and crochets to deal with the nervous energy, I repeatedly re-map the thing from scratch. It's kind of a strange hobby, but its good practice and it's strangely calming.
    Facebook : Soundcloud : Beatport DJ : Twitter DJ
    My Show: Sunday Nights 00:00 - 02:00 GMT (7pm -9pm EST) on Fokus FM Radio
    My Setup

Haha. I could see how that could be soothing, but yet also aggravating. Have you toyed with the step sequencer mode?

a tiny bit. I plan on putting some serious time into it as soon as I have some time to spare, which could theoretically happen sometime.
    My Setup

Gotcha- I feel like the Maschine would complete my setup (hopefully for my wallets sake). I appreciate you taking some time to answer my questions.

I prefer to DJ standing up, but my desk was way to low to allow me to do that comfortably. So I built a little something to raise things up, as well as get all the wires under control. Here's the end result:
    IMG_1562.jpgIMG_1563.jpg

The paint job didn't turn out great, but otherwise I'm quite happy with it.
    My Setup

This is a horribly late bump, but I was just wondering how you've liked the twitch? It seems it's been in your setup from the get go, I'm contemplating buying it, as the touchstrip isn't an issue for me as I have used jogs before.
    Just press play.

It actually was my second controller after having a mixtrack, but yeah, I've been using it for quite. I like it a lot. I haven't missed the jog wheels at all. I use it with Traktor rather than itch, and it works great with the exception of the fact that novation's mapping doesn't work with grouped effects. I use a custom mapping and midifighter though, so it hasn't been a problem. I'm thinking of making the switch to external mixing, but if I don't I imagine I'll stick with the Twitch for some time. If you know midi-mapping, it's a very versatile piece of hardware for traktor. I've only used itch a tiny bit and didn't really like it, so I can't really speak to how it works with it.
    My Setup

Alright, sounds good. I may drop it, I might not. Depends on when the Behringer Studio 4A comes out . Thanks!
    Do you think it's a good controller learning on? I don't have much money but I'm not attracted to the Mixtrack because I dislike plasticky bullshit and I prefer to buy something for the longterm.
    Just press play.

Quote Originally Posted by Prespa View Post
    Alright, sounds good. I may drop it, I might not. Depends on when the Behringer Studio 4A comes out . Thanks!
    Do you think it's a good controller learning on? I don't have much money but I'm not attracted to the Mixtrack because I dislike plasticky bullshit and I prefer to buy something for the longterm.
    yeah, the mixtrack is fine for what it is but I was glad to be done with it. Yes, I would say its a good controller to learn on, as it's fairly simple as a stock controller, but it can support much more complexity as you get better.
    My Setup

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast