Broadcasting through traktor
    Tech Wizard

Default Broadcasting through traktor

I currently dj on an Internet radio station (www.bingeradio.com - looking for new Dj's) which broadcasts on a shoutcast server.

As I use a mac I'm having to run it through nicecast and hijack the audio from traktor. This is becoming a bit of an arse as it keeps dying. The guy who runs the station has checked everything and it all seems fine.

What I want to know is can and how you broadcast direct from traktor to a shoutcast server?

Cheers

Try this video if you haven't already, . Basically the most important points are 1. Making sure your ports are forwarded to 8000 and 8001 on TCP and UDP in your router settings. 2. Setting up Traktor properly (exactly like in the video) 3. Making sure that the Shoutcast settings match the ports, and passwords so it can connect through Traktor and broadcast.

Hopefully this helps, I know in the past I used Winamp to take my Output from Traktor and I used a Shoutcast plug-in which enabled me to broadcast that way.

Good luck.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zanzibar View Post
    Try this video if you haven't already, . Basically the most important points are 1. Making sure your ports are forwarded to 8000 and 8001 on TCP and UDP in your router settings. 2. Setting up Traktor properly (exactly like in the video) 3. Making sure that the Shoutcast settings match the ports, and passwords so it can connect through Traktor and broadcast.

Hopefully this helps, I know in the past I used Winamp to take my Output from Traktor and I used a Shoutcast plug-in which enabled me to broadcast that way.

Good luck.
    That's on Windows he's on a Mac. I use nicecast for all my broadcasting. Have you lowered your streaming bitrate? Our server is set at 192 so we have to broadcast at 192 anything higher and we're kicked off. When you think about it people listening on a computer are most likely not hooked to a hi-fi system so a lower bit rate isn't much of an issue.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Christ my eyes must be going, Sorry about that.

Tech Mentor

IIRC Traktor sends in OGG. I believe the Shoutcast server needs to be setup to accomodate that. I know our station tech did some stuff around this, but I don't know the details.

I use Nicecast to broadcast weekly, and have no trouble - although I'm mixing externally, so I use the line-in to get the signal into Nicecast.

Is Audio Hijack stopping, or Nicecast?
    2 x Technics 1200 mk5 | 2 x Pioneer CDJ-1000 mk3 | A&H Xone:62 | KRK RP5-G2 | 15" MBP | TSP | Audio8DJ | Kontrol X1 | Korg KP-3 | Korg NanoKontrol
    Beached As Breaks, Mondays 7am - 9am UK Time on NSB Radio | Podcast | Archives | Facecrack

Tech Wizard

It seems as though it's nicecast not connecting to the shoutcast server. Ill speak to the tech guy and see if the nitrate needs lowering.