DJ Tech... Thoughts

Default DJ Tech... Thoughts

I work for a company who is considering importing a bunch of DJ Tech products
    http://www.djtechpro.com/index.asp

Now up until a months ago I'd never even heard of these guys, upon doing some further research they've been around for a while and reviews are scarce and mixed.

Now we haven't brought in the full range, just a selection of samples and some of the gear is well. Exactly what it looks like and others are surprisingly good.

I'm finding the4mix is a nice idea, very very compact and the build quality is way better then anything else in this price range (except the EQ knobs could be nicer)

The Kontrol one(I realise it's quite an old product) looked good in theory , but it's fairly useless (and old and unsupported) unless your willing to do the mapping yourself, but it has/had potential (if anyone has a good traktor mapping file for it send it my way pleeeeeeeeeeeease)

The Dragon Two is what I'm most looking forward to seeing, the sample should be on its way.

Anyway this isn't meant to be an advertisement, personally this gear is a little to entry level for me, but I can see the idea behind it, my main point for this post is looking for peoples experiences with this gear.

Good? Bad? Problems? I'm trying to get a grasp of what peoples experiences is with it, other then random reviews on Google. I trust you guys more then a lot of websites who receive free review gear......

Quote Originally Posted by shr3dder View Post
    I trust you guys more then a lot of websites who receive free review gear......
    Which one do I fall into?

DJWORX
    - The very best DJ gear news, reviews and opinion

Quote Originally Posted by DJWORX View Post
    Which one do I fall into?
    Depends if you reply here or on your website

Nah, your site is fine. I'm just looking for users opinions over time, rather then a couple of days/weeks on a review table.

Quote Originally Posted by shr3dder View Post
    Depends if you reply here or on your website

Nah, your site is fine. I'm just looking for users opinions over time, rather then a couple of days/weeks on a review table.
    It's hard as a reviewer to build up a longer term picture, as gear generally comes in and goes out again. All I can tell you is that they went through a period of knocking out an immense stream of gimmicky stuff that people simply did not want, but now seem to be much more focussed on putting out much better gear conceived with actual users in mind.

Right now, I feel they're making some really serviceable equipment. They've just got to rationalise their range a little a move on from the dark days of DJ Mouse and similar wacky products. Dragon Two looks really good, as does the new DIF-1S I posted yesterday.

DJWORX
    - The very best DJ gear news, reviews and opinion

Cheers dude. It's kinda the impression I've got looking through their catalogue. Some of the DJ4ALL type nonsense they were pushing was really quite off putting, however I also noticed they have this weird habit of putting terrible colour light up buttons in photos, when in real life they look much less "toy like" the Kontrol One is a perfect example.. Looks plastic and rubbish in photos, but the actual unit looked quite nice in real life.

I've been hassling work to get a Dragon Two sent to look at asap, I really think thats the product that will make or break if we do decide to distribute any of the range as I honestly can't image us being able to sell too much of their older stock range, maybe the 4mix, but the whacky CABD deck setup they have is just stupid, ruins the whole controller (I know you can skin it and change the mapping, but I'm trying to look at if from the point of view of someone who would actually purchase this, the general purchasing public shouldn't have to map or skin something to get it to work the way it should)

That Scratch mixer looks really damn nice though, especially if those prices are right. I'm gonna get on to that first thing in the morning as their faders are quite shite in other units.

Thanks again for your help dude.

Anyone else?

according to nem0nic in another thread djtech gear is made by the factory that makes reloop and stanton gear, I hold reloops newer controllers in high regard, so the dragon 2 may be a really good beginner controler, but there is going to be a stigma attached to the djtech name for a while, but if it's a choice between this and a mixtrack this should win although in the same price bracket i'd say the reloop terminal 4mix would trump it

@shr3dder
    CABD is the most logical way to organize a mixer layout as it is easier to make sense of what is on screen eg on a four deck screen

deck 1 - deck 2
    deck 3 - deck 4

deck 3 - deck 1 - deck 2 - deck 4

it's that way because back in the days of vinyl when cdj's were starting to gain acceptance you had only 3 phono inputs on djm600's they were channels 1,2,3.. channel 4 was dual line so you would set up like this

cdj 1 -table 1 - table 2 - cdj 2

makes sense to me anyway especially considering to position of the crossfader benieth the two main channels.
    Last edited by synthet1c; 05-23-2012 at 08:10 AM.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    @shr3dder
    CABD is the most logical way to organize a mixer layout as it is easier to make sense of what is on screen eg on a four deck screen

deck 1 - deck 2
    deck 3 - deck 4

deck 3 - deck 1 - deck 2 - deck 4

it's that way because back in the days of vinyl when cdj's were starting to gain acceptance you had only 3 phono inputs on djm600's they were channels 1,2,3.. channel 4 was dual line so you would set up like this

cdj 1 -table 1 - table 2 - cdj 2

makes sense to me anyway especially considering to position of the crossfader benieth the two main channels.
    Yeah I understand that, maybe I explained it wrong, I haven't got the controller in front of me but on the 4mix the the channel fader your moving on the controller is completely different to the one of the screen, it gets quite confusing.

Digital DJ Tips mentioned it here