Just dropped this feature suggestions at NI: Customized group fx parameters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Just dropped this feature suggestions at NI: Customized group fx parameters

After playing with the single fx settings in Traktor, I really wanted access to the same functions but from the group fx settings in Traktor. For example in Single FX mode: Reverb gives you an awesome freeze setting and also more control over room size and filter settings.

I thought it'd be awesome if you can go into an menu in Traktor where you could change the room size and filter parameter for the group fx so that you still get the simplicity of one FX knob but customized to the way you like it. You could even map the freeze button to engage at a certain point (knob turned 3/4 or all the way to the right).

This is kinda taking influence from the Pioneer's remix box with the RMX 1000. If you guys would like to see this feature hop over to this thread and give it the ol +1

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...d.php?t=167843

Cool idea- but unlike some companies, NI really couldn't care less about user ideas and feature requests. Don't get your hopes up, it won't happen.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Cool idea- but unlike some companies, NI really couldn't care less about user ideas and feature requests. Don't get your hopes up, it won't happen.
    That's a little harsh and I think we can find plenty of examples where they have implemented a user suggestion. Especially if that suggestion was already something they were going to do.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    That's a little harsh and I think we can find plenty of examples where they have implemented a user suggestion. Especially if that suggestion was already something they were going to do.
    I guess the NI feature request forum and those whitehouse.gov petitions have a lot in common.

There's plenty of Traktor features that have been suggested by users?
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Guru

Photojojo are you dropping hints? You son of a gun tell us what you know

I'd say it's more of a coincidence that the users and the dev team were on the same page with features rather than Native implementing features based on user requests
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Awesome idea... Would be great, but I doubt they'll do it, at least not anytime soon.
    Tre Tuna
    DJ and Recording and Mixing engineer for live and studio sound
    Traktor Pro 2.7.1 | MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4gigs ram
    Stanton STR8-150s | Ortofon Q-Bert Carts
    NI Z2, F1, Machine MK I, RigKontrol 3 | Dicers | PadKontrol

If they could design a piece of hardware they could sell for this, they'd do it... But other than that, we're out of luck.
    NI doesn't care about developing their software. In fact I'm pretty sure they see improving their software as counter-productive in most cases.

Tech Guru

That's what the kontrol x1 is for. I'm just asking for more customized group fx control. I'd probably use more of the fx this way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast