What would you recommend, a laptop with a 15" display or 17" display.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What would you recommend, a laptop with a 15" display or 17" display.

Hey DJTT community and back with another question which I hope do not put you to sleep. So is it worthy to get a laptop with a 17'' display rather than 15" or the size of the screen will not really allow you to see more session of your DJ software. Will the software just zoom out instead of displaying more of its feature which may be limited by the display size.

Depends on screen resolution, not necessarily on hardware size. A 17'' 1268x792 display will give you the same screen real estate of a 15'' 1268x792 albeit a tad bigger. Whereas a 15'' 1920x1080 display will give you more screen real estate (displaying more of the software's features) than a 17'' 1268x792 display, albeit in a much smaller/compressed way.
    HP Envy 14 Beats Edition, Traktor Pro 2, NI Kontrol S4, NI Kontrol X1, NI Kontrol F1, AIAIA TMA-1

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by Ls4life View Post
    Hey DJTT community and back with another question which I hope do not put you to sleep. So is it worthy to get a laptop with a 17'' display rather than 15" or the size of the screen will not really allow you to see more session of your DJ software. Will the software just zoom out instead of displaying more of its feature which may be limited by the display size.

1. Depends on the RESOLUTION of the display not the size.
    2. Depends on the DJ software.

Personally I use a 13 Macbook 1280 x 800 ... lil too small IMHO for Traktor2 if you have sample decks/4decks and want to see the playlist .. but you can always assign a midi command to the browser view.

1440 x 900 thats on the macbook air and 15' macbook pro, would be much better IMHO for me.

15in would be the way to go, 17in is just way to big physically I'd say.

Tech Guru

If you're looking at the the 15" MBP you have the option to upgrade to the 1680 x 1050 display. Every pixel counts.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBay View Post
    15in would be the way to go, 17in is just way to big physically I'd say.

So the key word is screen resolution, and this will be depending on the type of video card the Laptop may have.

I love my 17" macbook pro. But that being said Its HUGE. So finding bags and such for it is a little annoying.

I'm looking into the Sony Vaio-customize so I can get as much power as possible so I do not have to change pc for some time. Knowing that the screen size is not going to help the software "Traktor Pro2" to show more of it feature do save me some $$. Going with the 15" 1920x1080 which it is the best resolution I see they have. So what site sale solid state HD at a great price if any one knows. That I will have to get out side of sony. Their price it is off the ruff if you added to the laptop. Thank you for the info.

i find using traktor with my 13'' convenient but i have to keep it close. Wouldnt mind having 15'' but the 13'' is really nice and portable.
    to sum it up im happy with the 13'' and would recommend over the 15'' or 17''.

Tech Mentor

I'm on the latest 13" MBA (1440 x 900 screen) and I love it. I'm personally a fan of smaller laptops... they are meant to be portable after all. Ever try to open a 15" or 17" laptop when on an airplane in coach? And just wait until the guy in-front of you tries to lean back for a snooze.
    13" Macbook Air (OS 10.8/256GB SSD/4GB RAM) | Traktor S2
    Latest DJ Recording: The Wedding Set (40 Minute House Set)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast