Traktor Audio 2 absurdity!
    Tech Student

Default Traktor Audio 2 absurdity!

Hey guys! New user, crossposting this from the NI user forums to hopefully get more of a response! I've searched around a lot there and here, and not found a fix to my problem yet.

My shiny new Audio 2 interface arrived a few days ago, finally saving me from the plights of stereo splitting once and for all (I thought

There are some severe problems which I just can't work around though, even after 2 solid days of troubleshooting. Maybe someone in here can help me out with these issues -

- Pushing the master channel to full volume on the interface causes severe popping
    - Even at around 70% volume, latency spikes dramatically leading to stutter/temporary dropout

A few details:
    This is reproducible across 4 separate machines. Specs of the machines I tested on range from a 1.5GHz 2GB touch input notebook to a 2.9GHz Dualcore 6GB desktop. Symptoms remain pretty much the same.
    Edit: I tested on both Traktor 2 and Traktor 1.2.4
    Each system was optimized before testing - WLAN disabled, windows classic theme, all but vital system processes purged etc
    Latency was monitored using not only the TA2 control panel, but also DPC Latency Checker and examined further using LatencyMON
    Every single latency and buffer combination in the control panel was tried over and over
    All troubleshooting steps rinsed & repeated

Its been a frustrating few days - I thought this buy would make my setup a lot simpler and smoother, but no matter what I play around with, the PC's onboard integrated audio runs better than my new TA2.

..Help!?

PS: does anyone know where I can find the older 2.x driver for windows instead of the current 3.x? I've heard from a few sources that its a lot more stable.

I have had those problems, and running the DPC and LatencyMon helped i.d. some of the trouble, but going to a dual boot system and running the optimizing script by Smittten or a program called game booster did the trick.

this post http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=23335 can help, and I think the script is in the thread somewhere.

Amd or intel? USB host drivers real vendor ones or windows generic ones?

Hmmm, you mean that turning up the volume on the side of the TA2 actually increases popping and latency dropouts? Weird. It shouldn't happen, it's a hardware variable resistor that works 'downstream' of the computer processor.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Student

Vangogo - Thanks, I'm in the middle of a fresh install/repartition now. Gamebooster is reportedly seriously unstable in the long run, that script is great though - much better than the little piddly one I'd scratched up. Thanks!

Lucidstrings - Intel on the primary machine. Intel host drivers.

padi_04 - All steps completed.

lethal_pizzle - My thoughts exactly!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

There's no way I could push the master volume to full on my A2 and still be able to listen to it. Have you tried downgrading drivers?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Have you ruled out a hardware fault by seeing what turning up the volume of the output of iTunes (or whatever) does to the sound?
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

wydeyes is a friend of mine, and ive been helping to troubleshoot this for him, but he cant get online at the moment cos of his dual boot having wifi disabled on the djing partition. he cant roll back drivers as its an audio 2, not an audio 2 dj, and audio 2 dj drivers dont work with the A2 unfortunately.