so i just became a strip club dj - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Just out of curiousity what kind of music is played at one of those places ?
    I have no idea.

Tech Wizard

I know by me its usually 1) depends on the demographics of the area and 2) the day of the week. A lot of places by me use themes like Filthy Fridays and what not. The younger girls wants poppy dance music, the older leathered up girls wants Metalica and hard rock, russians want house. Some areas only have rap, others have a music. Strip club is just like any other venue except the only ones dancing are taking their clothes off!

Awesome. Thought about doing this a few times. Wonder if my wife would be cool with it.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by BestLegsinHD View Post
    and its super weird. there are zero actual dj skills required. i think of it more as an MC job than a dj gig. i went from opening for Go Go Bizkitt to opening for the lovely Diamonnnd.

i recommend this type of gig for anything looking for extra cash. i'm a super shy guy; zero mic skills and im doing fine. 100 bucks a night (more than most regular gigs!), the girls tip you and tits in your face. all. night.
    You made sure they were girls right...
    Macbook Pro 15' - Kontrol S4 - MF Pro Beatmasher - NI Maschine- Korg Nano Kontrol - Akai MPK Mini- Champagne Bottles

Quote Originally Posted by aGhost View Post
    You made sure they were girls right...
    OP is in texas the manliest piece of land on this earth, not in thailand.

Its actually pretty dam easy to land these gigs cause it requires no skill and it has high turn over. Obviously people get burnt out, drugs, sex money. I mean in SF and Chicago I see listings for DJs at strip clubs everyday. I kinda want to do it, but my GF would probably murder me.

Tech Guru

I just got hired to do a junior high graduation party. If I were a sick pervert these two scenarios would be very similar.

Alright, I'm going to come clean here.

I once went in to a strip joint during a stag do and ended up speaking to the DJ about which system he was using (it was Virtual DJ btw). After a brief conversation he invited me in to the booth to have a look at the software. I tried to convince him the benefits of Traktor or Serato, but he said that Virtual DJ made his life much easier.

True.

I'm mostly jealous because you can play the cheesiest tunes at a tittie bar.... AND there's boobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Archies'bald View Post
    I once went in to a strip joint during a stag do and ended up speaking to the DJ about which system he was using....
    ur doin it rong
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast